Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Weather: Frost/Freeze which kills buds?

Communities > Forums > Weather
bookmark
Forum: WeatherReplies: 2, Views: 36
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

April 16, 2008
11:07 PM

Post #4818717

I am curious about the possibility that my apple trees were not harmed by the cold or frost. From what few articles I could find on the Internet, I believe the future apples may be alright. But I don't know if I'm interpreting the data correctly.

We had a frost warning for the last 2 nights. We never saw any frost, but the temps got as low as 28 degrees in zone 6a. The apple trees were "full pink," the stage right before blooming. The buds and small leaves look fine today. Does anyone know, or have access to information that could venture a guess?

Thanks in advance for your opinions!
Sundownr

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

April 16, 2008
11:11 PM

Post #4818729

Hey Bev, why don't you post this on the Fruits/Nuts forum? You might get more answers...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/fruit/all/

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

April 16, 2008
11:16 PM

Post #4818755

OK, I'll post as you suggest. I wasn't quite sure where to post. I figured the weather watcher folks could help out on this one, haha.

Thanks Darius.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Weather Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Boring Hurricane Boards? Floridian 106 Jul 24, 2011 12:43 PM
Big Feb Storm CountryGardens 54 Mar 3, 2007 2:39 PM
Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather sugarweed 206 Mar 9, 2007 4:58 AM
Deadly Tornado hits Alabama henryr10 22 Mar 5, 2007 5:01 PM
Help!!! Something's eating the moon!!!! Resin 10 Mar 6, 2007 4:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America