Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Welcoming the New Texas SuperStars™ for 2008: Pride of Barbados

Communities > Forums > Article: Welcoming the New Texas SuperStars™ for 2008
bookmark
Forum: Article: Welcoming the New Texas SuperStars™ for 2008Replies: 4, Views: 59
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
darciwill
Odem, TX

April 21, 2008
12:02 PM

Post #4840055

I have one in a pot about 2 feet tall. Should I plant it in the ground now or let it get a little taller and plant it next spring?
TexasTam
Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

April 21, 2008
2:46 PM

Post #4840689

Howdy Darciwill-

I'd go ahead and put it in the ground. Down there in Odem, you can probably leave that plant out year round and not worry about it. Should do really well.

Good luck!
TexasTam
wabum
Reydon, OK

April 21, 2008
11:18 PM

Post #4843011

I have enjoyed this plant for quite a number of years, and I always have one coming up each spring from the ground (perhaps from seed). I live in the Texas Panhandle where there is a lot of wind besides hard freezes in the winter. The plant always seems to set alot of seeds when it does flower and the seeds are easy to germinate.
darciwill
Odem, TX

April 22, 2008
3:49 AM

Post #4844709

Thank you TexasTam. I also have some jacarandas, blue and yellow. If it is okay to plant the pride of barbados, then I am going to put all of them out. If they make it, I should have a really colorful yard.
Thanks again. I do so appreiate information from the experts.
Jan
J_Otis
Houston, TX

November 26, 2010
5:01 PM

Post #8231927

This past year my wife and I moved into a home in the Clear Lake / Houston area. There was a Pride of Barbados that was already growing in the back patio area. What a beautiful plant. We enjoyed it all summer long. Recently it yielded about 45 seeds. During this Thanksgiving holiday I brought some seeds to my daughter who lives north of Panama City, Florida. We can't wait to see how well they do there. This is a beautiful plant and it will attract butterflies, humming birds and draw many comments from people who come to visit.
They are beautiful, hardy and drought resistant as far as we can tell.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Welcoming the New Texas SuperStars™ for 2008 Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Oklahoma fan of Texas SuperStars(tm) Aunt_A 5 Apr 20, 2008 10:47 PM
Where to find Flare? Desertdenial5 0 Apr 21, 2008 6:41 PM
What zone am I in? ryanmbrn 0 May 17, 2008 2:53 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America