Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Introduction to Echeverias- my personal experiences in Southern California: Terrific article

Communities > Forums > Article: Introduction to Echeverias- my personal experiences in Southern California
bookmark
Forum: Article: Introduction to Echeverias- my personal experiences in Southern CaliforniaReplies: 4, Views: 45
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
plantmover
Hampton Roads, VA
(Zone 7b)

April 21, 2008
12:36 PM

Post #4840158

Informative, interesting, and intriguing, plus great pix-thanks for sharing!
AnalogDog
Mountlake Terrace, WA
(Zone 8a)

April 21, 2008
3:05 PM

Post #4840795

My thoughts exactly. Thanks for the great article.

Calif_Sue

Calif_Sue
Northern California
United States
(Zone 9a)

April 21, 2008
3:47 PM

Post #4840978

Wow, best collection of images all in one place, I will 'tag' this great article so I can refer back often. I have so many of the more common ones pictured and I had also saved that picture of the blue 'Monet' inspired bowl when Sunset Magazine featured it as I would love to duplicate it someday. Your combo creations, as well as your talented girlfriends' are equally inspiring.
girlgroupgirl

April 22, 2008
2:42 AM

Post #4844181

This is my favorite article you've written Palmbob! I grow some of the more common species, those that are available here (they are expensive!!) - did you know that some will overwinter easily here in zone 7b/8a in a sheltered location without a single drop of water all winter (that is the key!!). I grow them hardy here - just bring the up on the covered porch and they do great.
These photos are really a knockout!

girlgroupgirl
ashjuniper
Austin, TX

April 22, 2008
3:10 AM

Post #4844429

Nice article with good pix. Down here in Austin, TX Echeverias are much more difficult to grow. We have too much summer heat and humidity, nonetheless I have a fairly large number in pots. They do very well in spring, late winter---but sulk all summer. They live in the greenhouse in winter, not reliably hardy here---and in a wire greenhouse with only morning sun in the summer. In the fall they get beheaded and the heads rooted (they root very quickly) to prevent them from getting leggy and top heavy. Sempervivums and Aeoniums do not do well here at all---way too hot.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Introduction to Echeverias- my personal experiences in Southern California Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Introdction to Echeverias tabby7 2 Dec 24, 2013 3:39 PM
echeverias and mealy bugs DaBenDan 3 Jun 13, 2014 10:56 AM
Nice article, great pics! congminglaoshi 0 Apr 21, 2008 1:53 PM
Great echeveria article njackojacko 0 Apr 21, 2008 2:11 PM
Impressive rundown! DouginMtVernon 0 Apr 21, 2008 3:40 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America