Photo by Melody

Article: A naturalistic stroll in Madagascar: Magnificent!

Communities > Forums > Article: A naturalistic stroll in Madagascar
bookmark
Forum: Article: A naturalistic stroll in MadagascarReplies: 1, Views: 6
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
wee7341
Aiken, SC
(Zone 8a)

April 21, 2008
6:49 PM

Post #4841788

Hi Jean-Jacques, Thank you so much for your article on Madagascar! I hope to visit there in 2009 so am anxious to read everything I can about the birds, reptiles, lemurs, moths, butterflies and plants! I hope you will soon write another article with even more information. I agree with the person who said, "another 12 pages would be good!"

Merci beaucoup mille fois,
Ruth Marie

jjacques

jjacques
LE TAMPON
Reunion (French)

April 22, 2008
12:35 PM

Post #4845566

Hi Ruth Marie,
You should be able to find good books on both flora and fauna of Madagascar as the country has been studied by naturalists for a long time. As the endemism rate is fairly high you will see plants and animals seldom found abroad, like the various Baobab trees, all the spiny plants of the South 'la forêt d'épineux' and many many things! People are also very open and friendly though they are so poor. Do you already have a route scheduled?
Bring old clothes which you can leave behind, people will be very grateful.
JJ

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: A naturalistic stroll in Madagascar Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wonderful onewish1 6 Apr 20, 2008 6:28 PM
A threatened paradise gloria125 13 Apr 23, 2008 4:31 PM
Merci beaucoup soive2000 4 Apr 21, 2008 6:34 PM
Madagascar moniquedigs 1 Apr 22, 2008 12:38 PM
Lemur gloria125 1 Apr 23, 2008 3:54 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America