Photo by Melody

Article: Bug Poisons from a Veterinary Perspective: TOXIC PRODUCTS

Communities > Forums > Article: Bug Poisons from a Veterinary Perspective
bookmark
Forum: Article: Bug Poisons from a Veterinary PerspectiveReplies: 1, Views: 25
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
durmar
Taylorsville, KY

April 22, 2008
5:40 AM

Post #4845001

DECEMBER 2007,WE MOVED TO THE COUNTRY. OUR DOGS HAD THEIR OWN AREA FENCED OFF. THEY WERE NOT ALLOWED IN THE FIELD UNLESS WE TOOK THEM FOR A WALK.
THE DOGS WERE ELDERLY, BUT IN GOOD HEALTH. WE HAVE LOST THREE OF THEM.
SINCE THE MOVE. ONE HAD WENT TO THE VET TO BE GROOMED ON FRIDAY AND DIED SUNDAY. MY OTHER TWO DOGS STARTED PHYSICALLY GOING DOWN AND WITHIN TWO OR THREE MONTHS THEY WERE GONE . THE FOURTH ONE IS STARTING TO LOOK BAD.
THE PREVIOUS OWNER OF OUR PLACE WAS IN THE LAWN CARE BUSINESS AND USED A LOT OF FERTILIZER, AND BUG KILLERS ON THE PROPERTY.
AFTER READING THE VET'S ARTICLE I'M WONDERING IF PERHAPS THE CHEMICALS USED ON THE PROPERTY WAS ABSORBED BY MY DOGS. HOW LONG AFTER THE PRODUCTS ARE USED ARE THEY STILL TOXIC. WE HAD ULTRA SOUNDS, BLOOD, URINE, FECAL
TESTING DONE. IF THE FARMER IN THE BACK OF US SPRAYS, HOW FAR CAN IT BE CARRIED IN THE AIR ? I'M JUST TRYING TO FIND A CAUSE FOR THE QUICK DECLINE IN THEIR HEALTH. IS THERE A SPECIAL BLOOD TEST TO DETERMINE IF THEY HAVE A TOXIN
IN THEIR BODY? I REALLY NEED TO READ UP ON THESE TOXINS. OH, I JUST REMEMBERED TO TELL YOU, WE HAD NOT USED ANY CHEMICALS OUTSIDE OR IN THE HOUSE. THEY ALL USED A FLEA PRODUCT PROVIDED BY THE VET. ANY INFO MATION YOU COULD SHARE WITH ME WOULD BE APPRECIATED. YOU R ARTICLE ON THESE TOXINS WAS VERY WELL DONE. I HAD NO IDEA HOW TOXIC SOME COMMON PRODUCT WERE.
I'M GOING TO PASS ON THIS INFO.

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)


April 22, 2008
2:19 PM

Post #4846134

Best and quickest way to get a diagnosis of toxic death is to have a necropsy done on a deceased animal and have the liver sent in for analysis... there are few toxic blood tests available for animals and they require special orders and handling and cost a fortune.

You cannot post until you register and login.


Other Article: Bug Poisons from a Veterinary Perspective Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thank You! melody 1 Apr 16, 2008 11:57 PM
I need more advice.... Stovall_Gardens 1 Apr 17, 2008 1:35 PM
Bug poisons NormaFlora 0 Apr 21, 2008 4:59 PM
Thanks for a very well done article. YodieCoyote 4 Apr 25, 2008 8:07 PM
You are a lifesaver! lindalou52 0 Jul 1, 2008 2:13 AM


We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.
 

Hope for America