Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Delisa's Double Leona

Fort Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10b)

Some people may remember this cultivar from last year. This is one of Delisa's Rubirosa(1) x Peanut crosses of which I am the seedling parent. This is one of my coveted babies that I almost lost last summer while I was away. She has finally rebounded and is blooming. You can be sure that she will be protected and watched like a hawk this summer to ensure that she survives. I am always thrilled each time she produces blooms because they can be so showy. She loves to flare those tendrils out in all directions. Although I haven't gotten her to set a pod yet I do have some great crosses coming up for sale soon on ebay using her pollen. These are genes that are definitely worth playing with when coming up with new crosses.

This message was edited Apr 22, 2008 9:52 AM

Thumbnail by xeriscape8321

Another pic

one more

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

That sure is one beautiful Brug.

Doris

Victoria, BC(Zone 8a)

Fantastic! She's very gorgeous!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Wow! I love the form! Love the low calyx, long twangers.. yeah baby.. she's a real winner!

Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

WOW! Gorgeous.

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

I love that form. Gorgeous!

Chickenville, FL(Zone 9a)

Unforgettable :)

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

"Unforgettable"☺♫♪♫
That would be a dream name for that gorgeous, gorgeous baby!

Adrian, MI(Zone 5b)

Amazing!! I love it!!
Bonnie

Tyler, TX(Zone 8a)

It is a real beauty.

Milton, FL(Zone 8a)

Very well formed and very beautiful.Delisa is the queen of pink doubles.

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Wow very nice Delisa i love that it is a double!!

Sydney, Australia

Looks both beautiful and strong as well.

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

She's a beauty! Love her form.

That flower was hit with Rothkirch pollen and the pollen took!! DDL is slowly growing her first seed pod.

Rothkirch

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

How does Rothkirch do in hot weather? I love those tendrils.

Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

Yes I would be curious about Rothkirch's durablitiy in the hot weather.

Dee

Those blooms you see were from just a few weeks ago and it has been pretty hot down here. She is being grown in direct sun. Flowers held up pretty good and lasted for several days. You won't see this one around very much because she is almost impossible to root. You will however find that many of the best (and prettiest) brugmansias have rothkirch in their genes somewhere.

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Wow, what a beauty! You can sure grow them!

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

That is really pretty and quite flamboyant. It reminds me of a flamenco dancer's skirt, in the middle of an extreme shift in motion.
gorgeous.

Seedpicker I had thought the same thing. The one thing that I like about this double is that I have never had a deformed bloom on her. I have had a slightly different looking flower where the skirts separate a bit more so they are not as compact but never deformed. She has two more blooms that will be opening up this week. I can't wait.

Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

xeriscape,

Question for you. I have gotten my rothkirch rooted and it has new leaves at the top. It has been growing in a partly shaded area, should I now move it out to get some sun or leave it just where it is for awhile.

Thanks,

Dee

You can never go wrong with a partly shaded area as long as the sunny portion of the day is at least 3-4 hours. If it is doing well where it is I would leave it alone until you get a a regular pattern of new growth. If you don't have a reason to move the plant and it is doing well, then just leave it be. You know that old addage "if it ain't broke don't fix". Why rock the boat if your plant is doing well.

Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

OK, thanks. I was told these were finiky but wanted to give them a try. I had 2 cuttings, one rooted and is now boosting new leaves. The other rooted, then went well to brugie heaven. Same conditions, I am confused.

Dee

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

This message was edited Nov 17, 2013 8:53 PM

Brownstown, IN

Very pretty!
Congrats!

Mulberry, FL

That would be a nice name for a pretty flower!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.