Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Plant Trading: WANTED: Christmas Rose......

Communities > Forums > Plant Trading
bookmark
Forum: Plant TradingReplies: 3, Views: 83
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
weebus
Olympia, WA
(Zone 8b)

February 11, 2001
4:51 PM

Post #1305

Are there any out there? I have plenty of trading material if I can find this. It is for one of my neighbors. She grew up in Germany and remembers this particular plant vividly. I guess it blooms around Christmas, thus being a Christmas Rose. Thank You!

Weebus

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

February 11, 2001
9:37 PM

Post #51638

Hellebores are commonly referred to as "Christmas Rose"...perhaps that's what she's thinking of? You can buy plant or seed from most mail order sources. (I'm starting my helleborus seed this summer for fall planting.)
Semiplena
Fremont, CA

February 11, 2001
11:53 PM

Post #51660

Hi Weebus,

I don't have any, but the plant your neighbor refers to is probably Helleborus niger. That is the 'Christmas Rose'. What is known as the 'Lenten Rose' is properly called Helleborus x hybridus (H.orientalis hybrids).

Mike
weebus
Olympia, WA
(Zone 8b)

February 12, 2001
12:01 AM

Post #51661

Thanks Guys, Sorry I should have posted the Latin also. That may have saved some confusion. I know several places to buy it but I was hoping to do a trade, being the spirit of this forum. Buying is easy, trading is fun!

weebus

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Plant Trading Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
have colts foot and a goldenseal bloomingidiot 5 May 29, 2009 7:56 PM
Crocosmia Zanymuse 17 Oct 25, 2007 1:37 AM
CLOSED: Yucca? Melissa_Ohio 8 Apr 6, 2008 3:43 PM
hardy glad bulbs and small yucca plants catbirdsue 8 Apr 5, 2008 11:40 PM
Wanted : Tri color Strawberry Begonia,Blue Sky Flower MsCritterkeeper 18 Feb 23, 2009 11:34 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America