Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Fill Your Yard with Special Memories: Plant Commemorative Trees on Arbor Day: I've done this too

Communities > Forums > Article: Fill Your Yard with Special Memories: Plant Commemorative Trees on Arbor Day
bookmark
Forum: Article: Fill Your Yard with Special Memories: Plant Commemorative Trees on Arbor DayReplies: 4, Views: 31
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Dutchlady1
Naples, FL
(Zone 10a)

April 25, 2008
10:24 AM

Post #4861306

A nice article. My DH gave me a special plumeria seedling on our 24th anniversary and I am in the process of registering it as 'ventiquattro' (which is Italian for twenty-four).

Thumbnail by Dutchlady1
Click the image for an enlarged view.

critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

April 25, 2008
12:39 PM

Post #4861589

How wonderful! That's a spectacular bloom... I love the shading on it!
fancyvan
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

April 25, 2008
8:36 PM

Post #4863603

Ive done it somewhat differently since none of those special anniversaries you mentioned were part of my life.
My first cat's ashes are buried in one of the flower beds with a Red Osier Dogwood My father has a Morden Sunrise Rose and my mother has a Peony Raspberry Sundae ( because she loved Raspberries and Ice Cream!) Some of their ashes are mxed with the shrubs roots. And there are commenerative plaques too.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

April 25, 2008
11:07 PM

Post #4864088

Memorial trees are special, too! If either of my parents choose to be cremated one day, I hope some of their ashes will end up under the crooked willow in our yard...

Not a tree, but I do have red tulips as a memorial for my uncle. :-)

How about planting a special tree for your next "milestone" birthday?
fancyvan
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

April 25, 2008
11:25 PM

Post #4864190

Good idea critter! Didnt think of that one - thats another two years though and it will have to be a shrub - no space for another tree!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Fill Your Yard with Special Memories: Plant Commemorative Trees on Arbor Day Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
My best birthday present CapeCodGardener 7 Apr 27, 2008 9:36 PM
Good cheap trees cathy4 1 Apr 25, 2008 2:19 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America