Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

I wondered if someone here could identify this.

Campbell River, BC(Zone 8a)

I'm new to this forum. I've always been interested in rocks and finally joined the local rock and mineral club last fall. I took the short course they have on how to use the shop tools to make cabochons...now I'm really hooked. LOL

The other day I got talking to a new neighbor and mentioned my new hobby. She told me she had a box full of rock that she got at a garage sale and that I could come and take what I wanted. She does stained glass and only uses thin slices of agate. So I took some of the rock. Most of it is sliced. It originally came from a man in Alberta who used to make jewelry. I felt guilty taking it but I must admit that I felt like I'd hit the jackpot. :-)

The only thing is that I don't know what kind of rock most of it is. I took some to the shop the other night and some of the other members were telling me what they thought some of it was. I should have written the information down though, as I've forgotten most of what they said.

Iím really curious about this one. I think it would make a nice cabochon but I would like to do some research on it because Iím wondering if it breaks easily. I have three pieces that were originally joined together.

Sandy

Thumbnail by nightowl2
This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!