Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Going to the beach to pick plums? YES, Beach Plums!!: Our group picks them every year

Communities > Forums > Article: Going to the beach to pick plums? YES, Beach Plums!!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Going to the beach to pick plums? YES, Beach Plums!!Replies: 0, Views: 15
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
rosewood513
Lanoka Harbor, NJ
(Zone 7a)

April 28, 2008
12:41 PM

Post #4875938

I belong to a master gardener group in Jersey. Every year we have a Beach Plum festival.
I never heard of them either and actually have not yet participated, for whatever reason. I am hoping to go this year. It appears to be a lovem' or leavem' kind of fruit.
Everyone seems to have a ball and they bring them home and make some impressive jams and jellies from them.

I am lookijng forward to this years bounty and the fun that goes along with the 'picken'.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Going to the beach to pick plums? YES, Beach Plums!! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Yummy! DrDoolotz 3 Apr 28, 2008 2:55 AM
Plums phicks 2 Apr 24, 2008 3:04 AM
Beach Plums on Delmarva 614longfellow 4 Jul 7, 2008 9:25 AM
Beach Plums northlake 1 Apr 30, 2008 5:57 AM
They are even on eBay! ToddPhilly 1 Jul 7, 2008 1:10 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America