Photo by Melody

Article: Not For The Dogs: The History And Culture Of The Dogwood Tree: Dogwood information timely

Communities > Forums > Article: Not For The Dogs: The History And Culture Of The Dogwood Tree
bookmark
Forum: Article: Not For The Dogs: The History And Culture Of The Dogwood TreeReplies: 3, Views: 61
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

April 29, 2008
1:34 PM

Post #4881416

We have chosen a specific dogwood to plant in a small memorial garden for a neighbor that just passed on. Your interesting research has helped furnish additional thoughts in memory of her.

Thank you very much for your timely and informative article.
Sundownr

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 29, 2008
11:48 PM

Post #4883991

You're quite welcome. Dogwoods are one of my favorite trees.
stellamarina
Laie, HI

May 1, 2008
7:01 AM

Post #4890634

Thank you for this article. I live in Hawaii, but have just come back from a trip to Branson, Missouri where I finally have seen dogwood in flower. It was so beautiful scattered thoughout the woods. Spring flowers seem very exotic to us who live with tropical flowers all the time. Am so glad that I was there at the right time to see it and the redbuds. It seemed that all the wild ones were white, so where do the pink ones come from that were in the gardens? Aloha

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 1, 2008
12:43 PM

Post #4891118

The pink occurs naturally too, but not as often. There is a wild pink one near my house. It is a very pale pink.

The dark pinks are commercially grafted trees that have been developed over time by different plant breeders.

The pink is more brilliant where the soil is more acid.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Not For The Dogs: The History And Culture Of The Dogwood Tree Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Do Dogwoods Smell? kls_01 4 Apr 29, 2008 6:25 PM
Real nice tree GranvilleSouth 2 Apr 30, 2008 11:04 AM
dog wood cuttings/ propagation? bhscarlett 1 May 5, 2008 1:26 PM
Your photography of the Dogwood Trail diannecats4 1 Jun 5, 2008 11:59 PM
dogwood blight wkssr 0 Jun 25, 2008 5:12 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America