Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: There's Always a Reason: Companion Planting: Happy May Day!

Communities > Forums > Article: There's Always a Reason: Companion Planting
bookmark
Forum: Article: There's Always a Reason: Companion PlantingReplies: 12, Views: 82
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
MistyPetals
North Augusta, SC

May 1, 2008
4:31 AM

Post #4890413

How awesome! How inspiring! What a treat it is to read about your relative's insight, strength, self-reliance and determination again, Sharon. When I saw this headline, I was thrilled (as usual)!
Everything new under the sun isn't so new after all. I am going to commit the list of companion plants to memory.
Lovin' Your Work,
Misty
Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV
(Zone 7a)

May 1, 2008
5:49 AM

Post #4890576

Sharon, sure wish I had those memories and papers to go by. Am learning to raise a garden with my husband and we have lots to learn. Both our families raised gardens when we were young but not much of that information was retained with us. Thank goodness for DG and those of you willing to share your memories and experience!

Lana
pirl
(Arlene) Southold, NY
(Zone 7a)

May 1, 2008
10:36 AM

Post #4890758

Another great article, Sharon. I love your style of writing and your memories are so wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge, and their talents, with all of us.
podster
Deep East Texas, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 1, 2008
10:41 AM

Post #4890769

I agree, thank you for sharing! Odd, how childhood memories are evoked from tastes, smells and sights for all of us.

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

May 1, 2008
11:08 AM

Post #4890826

My one grandma was always saying that too, 'always a reason'!

Beautiful article Sharon!
cathy4
St. Louis County, MO
(Zone 5a)

May 1, 2008
1:52 PM

Post #4891406

I'm always grinning when I finish one of your articles, thank you so much. I'm happy you didn't get warts!
plantladyhou
Katy, TX
(Zone 8b)

May 1, 2008
1:55 PM

Post #4891430

You paint beautiful word pictures. Thank you for your article.

Ann
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

May 1, 2008
2:44 PM

Post #4891655

Thankyou for such an enjoyable read! Your stories are always fun and interesting.

This message was edited May 1, 2008 3:44 PM
davis1676
Disputanta, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 1, 2008
4:53 PM

Post #4892195

Thanks so much for your beautiful article. It brought memories of my own childhood, with both grandmothers, who had the same love & respect for the land. I recall their work ethics as being very matter of factly, very this is how it is done type of thing. No compaining or not working, but still the happiest women I can recall. Thanks for bringing back that flood of wonderful memories for me. You inspire.

Blessings,

davis
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 1, 2008
5:06 PM

Post #4892239

You all surely know how to brighten my day.

MistyPetals, it is always so good to hear from you.

Lana, I am sure you will do well, you have so much help available to you on DG.

Pirl, you always make me smile.

Podster, you anywhere near Orange, Texas? My late husband grew up there, lovely state.

Isn't that the truth, Nanny..."there's always a reason" along with "when you get a little older you will understand."

Me, too, Cathy...warts would have driven me out of the garden forever!

Ann, what a lovely comment. I hope I can continue to paint pictures with my words, that will be a challenge!

Thank you, Terri, I am so glad you like them.

So true, Davis, never a complaint or a harsh word. It was all a part of a bigger picture, and they knew that.

Y'all have given me smiles all morning.
Thank you
Sharon

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 1, 2008
8:37 PM

Post #4892988

Shar, loved reading about your mom, grandmother and of course Aunt Bett..each and every time I read one of your articles, memories from my childhood (being raised by my grandparents) come flooding back...what great memories!
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 1, 2008
9:50 PM

Post #4893262

Great story and it's chock full of information! Thank you for posting this article. I really enjoyed reading it. I learned a lot!

Glad you didn't get a wart! LOL!
Sharon
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 1, 2008
10:03 PM

Post #4893320

Hi Betty and Sharon...I sure am glad I didn't get a wart, too.
Thank you both, glad you enjoyed.
Sharon

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: There's Always a Reason: Companion Planting Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Companion Planting Sundownr 3 May 1, 2008 10:04 PM
Makes Perfect Sense! Seedtosser1 1 May 2, 2008 12:05 AM
Love it herbalbetty 1 May 5, 2008 12:44 AM
great information! lizrainey 23 Jul 7, 2009 3:09 PM
Thanks for the memories.. Pyewacketcat54 1 May 6, 2008 9:30 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America