Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

Article: There's Always a Reason: Companion Planting: Companion Planting

Communities > Forums > Article: There's Always a Reason: Companion Planting
bookmark
Forum: Article: There's Always a Reason: Companion PlantingReplies: 3, Views: 36
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

May 1, 2008
1:55 PM

Post #4891429

I've always companion planted with veggies, a few herbs, and the marigolds and nasturtiums. I thought the other flowers my elders grew in and around the gardens were just to beautify, so I never gave them much thought. I should have known they had a more useful function. As you said, "there's always a reason!"

Thanks again for another good one!
Bev
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 1, 2008
5:08 PM

Post #4892253

Thank you Sundownr...most of my ancestors loved the flowers in the garden, and tended them just as well as they did the vegetables. It took me a long time to realize what they were really doing.
gloria125
Greensboro, AL

May 1, 2008
7:26 PM

Post #4892730

How appropriate for the 1st of May, when everything is blooming or getting ready to bloom. I guess every country girl has memories: but you remember yours, Sharran!

Yes. thanks again for another good one!

gloria
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 1, 2008
10:04 PM

Post #4893325

Gloria, thank you.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: There's Always a Reason: Companion Planting Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Happy May Day! MistyPetals 12 May 1, 2008 10:03 PM
Makes Perfect Sense! Seedtosser1 1 May 2, 2008 12:05 AM
Love it herbalbetty 1 May 5, 2008 12:44 AM
great information! lizrainey 23 Jul 7, 2009 3:09 PM
Thanks for the memories.. Pyewacketcat54 1 May 6, 2008 9:30 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America