Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: The Mascareignes Archipelago: Hello fellow islander!

Communities > Forums > Article: The Mascareignes Archipelago
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Mascareignes ArchipelagoReplies: 3, Views: 23
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Islandshari
Kwajalein
Marshall Islands
(Zone 11)

May 5, 2008
11:05 PM

Post #4911286

Aloha and yokwe Jean-Jacques! It was such a pleasure reading about another little known and remote island. I'm very sorry that it has taken me so long to welcome you into the writer's group, and just to say hello from one islander to another. Although your island is quite a bit larger (!!) than mine. The pictures are beautiful, very reminicent of the volcanic islands in our part of the world. Unfortunately for me, my little island is part of a coral atoll, and therefore flat, flat, flat. Thanks for the look at the beauty that results from the volcanic explosions of our remote past.

Looking forward to more!
Shari

jjacques

jjacques
LE TAMPON
Reunion (French)

May 6, 2008
6:57 AM

Post #4913098

Hi Shari,
Marshall islands then, I guess this rings a bell for most US citizens but I can tell you that very few French people would have any idea where to find them on a map! You are close to places I would love to visit, the Bismarck archipelago and New-Guinea, hope I will make it some day!
I spent some time on coral islands off the coat of Belize, nice but rather flat as you say, the fantastic thing with Reunion is the diversity brought by the moutains.
JJ
Lofotjenta

August 12, 2009
12:24 AM

Post #6936343

Hello and good evening, Jean Jacques.
Another islander, from the Lofoten Islands in Norway. I have been reading yous articles and loved looking at your pictures from Reunion Island. I had never heard of this island until this summer;when suddenly 6 nice young people from Reunion visited me on a holyday travel in our country. They had found my little bed-and-breakfast place on the Internet. They were really cute and told me a little about the island, and getting home I had to take a look at the map to find out where they came from. So your article and pictures has been a pleasure. My island are not flat at all, here are mountains up to 900m, and plenty of hiking trails. And lots of tourists too.
Regards from Lofotjenta, which means The Lofoten girl.

jjacques

jjacques
LE TAMPON
Reunion (French)

August 12, 2009
7:36 AM

Post #6937466

Hi Lofotenta
I did hear about the Lofoten when I lived in Paris but from here it seems the other side of the world! I am glad you amready met people from Reunion and liked them, most are nice folks.
All the best

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Mascareignes Archipelago Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
How lovely! doccat5 8 Apr 8, 2008 9:38 AM
Wonderful! melody 14 May 10, 2013 5:46 AM
Madagascar martinleguaan 1 Apr 30, 2013 6:29 AM
Is everyone aware... prickersnall 4 May 3, 2013 10:02 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America