Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Outwitting Backyard Creatures: Bulbs & Plants They Hate!: Boy oh Boy!

Communities > Forums > Article: Outwitting Backyard Creatures: Bulbs & Plants They Hate!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Outwitting Backyard Creatures: Bulbs & Plants They Hate!Replies: 1, Views: 50
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
tonileland
Uncasville, CT
(Zone 6a)

May 5, 2008
11:42 PM

Post #4911425

Wow, looks like I goofed this time! LOL

I guess if a critter is hungry enough, they'll eat anything. However, all my research sources swore by the plants I listed.

How could I know all the gardeners had already sworn! :o)

Thanks for all your comments and notes.

Toni
broncbuster
Waxahachie, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 6, 2008
7:22 PM

Post #4915091

I never had any problems with rabbits until I started growing daylilies. They would come and nibble at night and I'd find half-eaten leaves the next morning. One night my yellow labrador, Tanner, killed one in the middle of my yard and I haven't had a problem since. They must have all witnessed the demise of their cohort and decided that my place is better left alone. The only other garden pests I've ever had, besides insects, was a border collie that would uproot any newly placed plant and tear it to pieces, and a flock of guineas that would get into my Texas Skullcap looking for bugs and scratch every single twig off. Well, I shipped the mutt to Oklahoma on accident and sold the guineas to a business associate.

The list was pretty close to correct for rabbits in my area, but maybe those other rabbits have adapted to what's available in their area. I always enjoy your articles Toni, so keep 'em coming!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Outwitting Backyard Creatures: Bulbs & Plants They Hate! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
dear little creatures Fitsy 0 May 5, 2008 11:51 AM
take black-eyed susans off your list blackthumb1101 2 Jun 22, 2008 3:03 AM
rabbits eat more on this list! artinthegarden 13 Sep 17, 2010 9:24 AM
Deer Resistant plants always of interest tabasco 1 Sep 13, 2010 6:08 AM
Bushy tails, rats on stilts & voles al448789 1 May 6, 2008 1:05 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America