Photo by Melody

Article: Outwitting Backyard Creatures: Bulbs & Plants They Hate!: armadillos and raccoons

Communities > Forums > Article: Outwitting Backyard Creatures: Bulbs & Plants They Hate!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Outwitting Backyard Creatures: Bulbs & Plants They Hate!Replies: 2, Views: 43
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
deerfarmer
Bellville, TX

May 6, 2008
4:54 PM

Post #4914496

can anyone give me advice other then shooting them on ways to get rid of armadillos which are rototilling my back yard, and raccoons which destroy my corn crop and peaches?
Caladiums4Less
Lake Placid, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 10, 2008
9:02 PM

Post #5237130

deerfarmer,

If you're still having a problem with armadillo tearing up your yard try a product called Shake Away. It's powdered coyote urine you sprinkle around. I "had" a problem with armadillo too but I don't anymore. It also scared the squirrels, they no longer dig up bulbs I have planted. They think there's some huge predator lurking around.
Another thing you might want to do is spray your yard for grubs. That's what the armadillo are looking for!! If you do both things I mentioned I'd feel pretty confident you won't have a problem anymore!!

Bill
deerfarmer
Bellville, TX

September 24, 2008
2:40 PM

Post #5593081

Having a problem with raccoons. Read about a fence with the top of the chicken wire hanging down, but the article didn't say how far the excess wire should hang down, or how tall the fence should be, and what is done at the corners of the fence. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and pictures if available.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Outwitting Backyard Creatures: Bulbs & Plants They Hate! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
dear little creatures Fitsy 0 May 5, 2008 11:51 AM
take black-eyed susans off your list blackthumb1101 2 Jun 22, 2008 3:03 AM
rabbits eat more on this list! artinthegarden 13 Sep 17, 2010 9:24 AM
Deer Resistant plants always of interest tabasco 1 Sep 13, 2010 6:08 AM
Bushy tails, rats on stilts & voles al448789 1 May 6, 2008 1:05 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America