Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: There's Always a Reason: Companion Planting: Thanks for the memories..

Communities > Forums > Article: There's Always a Reason: Companion Planting
bookmark
Forum: Article: There's Always a Reason: Companion PlantingReplies: 1, Views: 13
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Pyewacketcat54
Fort Worth, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 6, 2008
9:15 PM

Post #4915578

I too had older relatives that gardened when I was a kid, and I wish I had paid more attention to them than the critters...my Grandmama grew the most beautiful climbing roses,irises,and lilies.She was a true southern lady.
Your article is great, takes me back,and gives me needed information too.Thanks,Becki
Do you have a plant to keep the cats out of stuff? My Baxter is always trying to help,or eat things I am planting,watering or puttering with.LOL
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 6, 2008
9:30 PM

Post #4915640

Hi, Pye...I love your name. I also just saw your post on Carol's thread. Thank you for that and for your great words about the article.

I have a bit of a problem with my cats too, but I have found they don't like certain herbs, basil comes to mind, also fennel. I am trying to plant a few of those seeds as well as some wild garlic in my flower beds. It worked for my inside plants, so i thought it was worth a try outside. We will see.

I don't remember that there was much of a problem with cats when I was growing up, just rabbits, but the wild garlic always kept them away from most things. My grandmother would plant a small bed of lettuce close to where the rabbits came into the garden, and that lettuce bed was just for them. The lettuce bed that we ate from was on another side of the garden. That worked too. She just kept on sprinkling seeds and the lettuce kept coming...so did the rabbits.
Thanks again, Becki.
Sharon

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: There's Always a Reason: Companion Planting Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Happy May Day! MistyPetals 12 May 1, 2008 10:03 PM
Companion Planting Sundownr 3 May 1, 2008 10:04 PM
Makes Perfect Sense! Seedtosser1 1 May 2, 2008 12:05 AM
Love it herbalbetty 1 May 5, 2008 12:44 AM
great information! lizrainey 23 Jul 7, 2009 3:09 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America