Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Growing Osteospermum, The African Daisy: African daisies

Communities > Forums > Article: Growing Osteospermum, The African Daisy
bookmark
Forum: Article: Growing Osteospermum, The African DaisyReplies: 6, Views: 88
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
nugemk22
Pueblo, CO

May 8, 2008
1:49 PM

Post #4923456

Just moved to Pueblo Co and bought this flower for the first time. Your article was much appreciated since I knew very little about the flower. Not sure what grows here as of yet...
but these look good. Thanks
flwrpwr40
Clinton, NY

May 9, 2008
1:10 AM

Post #4926257

Thanks. I've planted these in the past but when it got hot during the summer I was disappointed in them. I think I'll plant them in a different area. It gets to warm on the patio.
marydigsplants
Lees Summit, MO

May 11, 2008
12:29 PM

Post #4935819

I plant these in a mixed container in spring with heat lovers like verberna and tradescantia. When it gets too hot for the osteospermum, the verbena takes over. The African daisies to appreciate some afternoon shade in our hot summers.
gardengirl86
Middleboro, MA

September 26, 2010
5:05 AM

Post #8121489

I want to grow these for my nephew's wedding. The white ones with the purple centers are his fiancee's wedding colors and she is enchanted with this beautiful flower. Any idea where I could get seeds or establised plants for next summer? I have not seen them in the catalogs that I have mailed to me. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

September 26, 2010
5:54 AM

Post #8121546

Our PlantScout plantfinder tool is a great way to locate special plants.
Here is our PlantFiles page and all you have to do is click the vendor link to see the vendors: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1414/
szeq
Gilroy, CA

July 20, 2011
4:39 PM

Post #8704528

I live in Gilroy, California and would like to know where I could buy an Osteospermum, "whirligig" variety?

Thank you, Suzanne

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 21, 2011
5:33 AM

Post #8705571

I don't have a specific vendor listed for this specific plant, but I do have these that sell osteospermums: http://davesgarden.com/products/ps/search.php?search_text=osteospermum&submit=Go

We also have a directory of garden destinations called Go Gardening and these are the nurseries and garden centers within 25 miles of Gilroy: http://davesgarden.com/products/go/advanced.php?zip_distance=25&zip=95020&state=xx&country=XX&type=gardencenters&search_text=&sorter=distance&submit=Search

I hope this helps you with your search.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Growing Osteospermum, The African Daisy Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thanks! CaptMicha 5 May 6, 2008 3:01 AM
I have these as my screen saver! Bookerc1 1 Jul 22, 2010 12:57 PM
Favorite new flower for me. HollyAnnS 1 Nov 15, 2008 6:33 PM
Fall flower? waltwego 1 Dec 10, 2009 3:42 PM
creeping phlox/biennial or prennial ? MARYBEA 1 Jun 14, 2010 12:06 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America