Photo by Melody

Article: Don't Pick the Trillium: I got goose bumps!

Communities > Forums > Article: Don't Pick the Trillium
bookmark
Forum: Article: Don't Pick the TrilliumReplies: 3, Views: 18
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

May 8, 2008
2:20 PM

Post #4923577

This one gave me goose bumps as I read about Aunt Bett not having any children because of her greed in picking the Trillium. The poor, poor woman!

I think your writing has given us all an Aunt Bett to learn from and refer to! Her teachings to you have now spread throughout the world, for another generation (or three) through your writing.

Thanks for sharing another touching story!
Bev
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 8, 2008
2:27 PM

Post #4923602

Thanks Bev, nice to hear from you again.
I don't think Aunt Bett lived in a perpetual state of sadness, she was just very matter of fact about it. She thought she had wronged nature by taking a bunch of her children for such frivolity as a wedding day. If anything she was trying to teach me a lesson. At least I think of it in that way. It would hurt too much to remember her as sad. She was truly a live wire, and always smiling.

But, this particular story was hard for me to write, because it was one of the emotional ones.

Again, thank you.

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

May 8, 2008
2:40 PM

Post #4923663

I'm sure having you, as her little sidekick, gave Aunt Bett some needed 'kid comfort', lol.

BTW, I got Wish You Well, but haven't had the time to crack the cover. I'm taking it on vacation, so maybe I'll get a chance to relax and read!
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 8, 2008
3:28 PM

Post #4923874

You will love it, I promise. So much so that you won't want it to end. It could go hand in hand with Aunt Bett's story, but more professionally done, because Baldacci is a wonderful writer.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Don't Pick the Trillium Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thank you! terriculture 6 May 7, 2008 2:06 PM
I feel blessed KyWoods 26 May 13, 2008 12:31 AM
Wow! lratliff29 1 May 8, 2008 12:37 AM
Captivated by the title Seedtosser1 4 May 10, 2008 2:04 PM
what a gift! eeeelaine88 0 May 12, 2008 1:30 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America