Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Polymer Moisture Crystals: Magic for Your Garden and Your Containers: OOPS

Communities > Forums > Article: Polymer Moisture Crystals: Magic for Your Garden and Your Containers
bookmark
Forum: Article: Polymer Moisture Crystals: Magic for Your Garden and Your ContainersReplies: 1, Views: 110
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cathy4
St. Louis County, MO
(Zone 5a)

May 8, 2008
4:00 PM

Post #4924074

Haha, I just went outside when the rain let up a bit to add some diluted fertilizer to some plants and found jello on the top of the soil with the baby hostas I potted up this week. It looks funny, guess I used too much this time. It gets much bigger than I thought, wow!
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

May 9, 2008
3:37 AM

Post #4927133

LOL... even when you use the right amount, a few chunky "jello" pieces seem to work their way to the soil surface after a good, soaking rain. In the photo at the top left of the article, you can see just how big those little crystals will swell up!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Polymer Moisture Crystals: Magic for Your Garden and Your Containers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
A "swell" subject! darius 23 May 14, 2008 3:03 PM
Presoaking crystals philipw2 8 May 14, 2008 3:30 PM
Polymer Moisture Crystals by Jill marciabeppler 1 May 13, 2008 4:18 PM
Examples of moisture crystal uses gardenwife 1 May 14, 2008 11:45 AM
looking for polymer moisture crystals bpatnode 1 Jun 7, 2008 6:40 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America