Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Don't Pick the Trillium: Captivated by the title

Communities > Forums > Article: Don't Pick the Trillium
bookmark
Forum: Article: Don't Pick the TrilliumReplies: 4, Views: 22
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Seedtosser1

Seedtosser1
Glenview, IL

May 8, 2008
10:21 PM

Post #4925475

This story of the Trillium and her absolute beauty, has made me cry for Aunt Bett.
Almost immediatley I stopped. It must be the way she told you her secret.

With surity, and just how it is, and clear exceptance. Wow, she just amazes me every time you tell a story.

I am sorry she didn't have flowers at her wedding, or was unable to have children...
But I am most glad she had you. I think you, her "girl" makes her proud!

You have a remarkable way of teaching as you tell a story of your childhood. I always walk away with addtional knowledge and added respect for Nature.

And now I hope I am lucky enough to stumble on some Trillium up north.

Of course, I think picking just that one with the promise was ok, now you have a beautiful family to pass down the your stories to. I wonder, Do you think Aunt Bett knew?

P.S. The Red Trillum is Stunning.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 8, 2008
10:33 PM

Post #4925503

Your post almost brought a tear. Well, of course Aunt Bett knew I sneaked that trillium. Probably expected me to.

I think Aunt Bett knew I was absorbing whatever she taught, too. When I think about my relationship with her, I realize that we had a great deal of understanding between us. We communicated without words.

Hard to explain. When we were together we had common thought. All the other elders in my life had other children to tend to or to just be with. Aunt Bett didn't. I lived closer to her than any of the other cousins, so I was available.

And I was very quiet, and at that age was more comfortable around adults because except for school there were no other kids around. I do wish she knew just how important she was to me. I like to think that she does know.
But I sometimes worry that I never told her.

I always enjoy your comments. Thank you.

Seedtosser1

Seedtosser1
Glenview, IL

May 9, 2008
12:42 AM

Post #4926088

Oh Shar,

You know, You told her in so many ways...With your art, your dying of fabric, with your interst of "daring" to ask a question, wearing the Stinky bag, listening and all, she taught you well and you learned and teach beautiful!
She Knows.

Unspoken isn't so bad...

I think she is smiling, even shoulder shaking laughter sometimes...Because you ARE Aunt Betts legacy, your love shines all over every articlcle and piece of her knowledge expands today...worldwide.

I definately say Aunt Bett knows.
jasmerr
Merrimac, WI
(Zone 4b)

May 10, 2008
1:59 PM

Post #4932432

Sharon,

My heart stopped when I read the part of why Aunt Bett thought she didn't have children. How sad she carried that her whole life, but how wonderful she shared her time and knowledge with you.

Thank you for sharing your Aunt Bett with me and everyone here at DG. I will always think of you and Aunt Bett when I see Trillium!

Jody
♥♥♥♥
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 10, 2008
2:04 PM

Post #4932447

Jody, thank you.
The trillium article was hard for me to write, too.
Her theory was to never take more from Mother Earth than was needed, and she sure did live by her own standards.
I am glad you like the Aunt Bett articles.
Most of the time I like writing them.
sharon

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Don't Pick the Trillium Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thank you! terriculture 6 May 7, 2008 2:06 PM
I feel blessed KyWoods 26 May 13, 2008 12:31 AM
Wow! lratliff29 1 May 8, 2008 12:37 AM
I got goose bumps! Sundownr 3 May 8, 2008 3:28 PM
what a gift! eeeelaine88 0 May 12, 2008 1:30 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America