Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: California Poppies Are Eager to Please: Great!

Communities > Forums > Article: California Poppies Are Eager to Please
bookmark
Forum: Article: California Poppies Are Eager to PleaseReplies: 3, Views: 24
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
peachespickett
Huntington, AR

May 9, 2008
2:50 AM

Post #4926909

Nice article! I grew up in CA, and now that I live in Arkansas I try to bring some of the West back with me. I have poppies seeded last spring in a desert bed (in photo), I kept the seedpods clipped off all summer, they lived through winter and are now huge. I'm going to let most of them go to seed this year and start them again. It's always nice to hear other's experiences with the plants one grows! Thanks! (>8

Thumbnail by peachespickett
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

May 9, 2008
4:34 AM

Post #4927350

Thank you, and your desert garden looks very nice.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 12, 2008
12:46 PM

Post #4940064

I never knew what these were. Last year i took a photo of an unknown plant in my garden that came in a "mix" and found it was a California Poppy. They are such a gorgeous yellow -- and this year they have really spread... very nice addition. I love them.

Thanks for the great article.
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

May 12, 2008
5:29 PM

Post #4941191

You're welcome

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: California Poppies Are Eager to Please Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Love those bright blooms sycamoreshirl 1 May 12, 2008 5:30 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America