Photo by Melody

Article: Aunt Bett, Bee Balm and Battling Bees: Two things for you......

Communities > Forums > Article: Aunt Bett, Bee Balm and Battling Bees
bookmark
Forum: Article: Aunt Bett, Bee Balm and Battling BeesReplies: 3, Views: 15
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
PaulFromAL
Piedmont, AL
(Zone 7b)

May 9, 2008
9:26 AM

Post #4927560

One the picture I'm sending you, a special one for me anyways...My wife peaking her head through some bee balm in my first garden I ever had right after I got sick...A container garden when I lived in the dreaded Atlanta...:)...One of these days I'll tell you bout the first time I ran into bee balm in the mountains, I used to hike up in the Smokey's quite a bit when I was a young man...Second, I got a running list in my head of people I wish I'd met but didn't in this life of ours, I'm adding Aunt Bett to my list...Loved the stories, one other thing, I smiled inside when I read this line you wrote and smile inside now writing to you about it...About how your mother was in awe of Aunt Bett "but not so for me; frankly, she scared me to death!" Gawd I loved that... That's funny in a million ways...

Thanks for everything Sharon...

Thumbnail by PaulFromAL
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 9, 2008
2:03 PM

Post #4928273

Paul, how beautiful your wife is, and my favorite red Monarda! Thank you.

I thought you might like Aunt Bett. She tends to drag our childhood right out in front of us.

One time I was listening on a conversation between Mom and Aunt Bett. I was swingin in my swing that hung from the limb of an old apple tree that never produced much more than yellowjackets. I leaned too far back and flipped over backwards and breathless. She came runnin over while I laid there tryin to breathe, ran her hands over my arms, legs and the back of my head, then pulled me up, sayin...You ain't hurt, chile, but you sure squashed some yellowjackets. ... I had landed on a rotten apple that was dinner for the jackets I reckon because they were fairly flat where my butt had been. I was to scared to even cry, of her, not the yellowjackets.

Thanks Paul.

PaulFromAL
Piedmont, AL
(Zone 7b)

May 9, 2008
2:21 PM

Post #4928351

You are so welcome, thank you...And thanks for the comment about my wife, she is beautiful but I'll tell you the truth as I get older more and more I realize how much more inner beauty means and is more important to have, than outter beauty, in my wife's case she's got both and I'm such a lucky man...

Alright, I got news for you, my granny had one of them same apple trees that ain't good for nothing but producing yellow jackets...but the lady next door had some that produced the best apple pies you ever put in your mouth...man I wish I had one of them right now...

You have a wonderful weekend Sharon...

Paul from Alabama

Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 9, 2008
2:31 PM

Post #4928391

You too, Paul, thanks.

I think I am going to zero in on Aunt Bett this weekend and see what she has to offer by way of words.

And Paul," warn't no lady next door to me in the mountains", but there was another apple tree out in the field. Fried apple fritters come to mind...

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Aunt Bett, Bee Balm and Battling Bees Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wonderful! Just wonderful doccat5 4 Apr 5, 2008 2:18 AM
love Love LOVE Aunt Bett stories!!! ottoson 9 Apr 5, 2008 12:53 PM
Dear Aunt Bett Bettypauze 4 Apr 5, 2008 2:17 AM
Informative weedsfree 3 Apr 7, 2008 5:47 AM
The Official Aunt Bett Fan Club darius 20 Apr 16, 2008 3:06 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America