Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Welcome Mat: My intro - better late than never I guess

Communities > Forums > Welcome Mat
bookmark
Forum: Welcome MatReplies: 10, Views: 251
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Joan
Belfield, ND
(Zone 4a)

August 26, 2001
6:37 AM

Post #11680

It just occurred to me when I found this forum that I registered earlier this month and have been posting for the past few days, but never introduced myself.

My name is Joan, and I live in North Dakota. Yeah, I know, you didn't know anyone actually LIVED in North Dakota, but there's a few of us that are either die hards or too broke to leave. LOL

I have been vegetable gardening for years to feed my rather large family, but now the kids are growing and one by one going away to college. Now I am feeling the need to reduce the size of the vegetable garden and plant more flowers. This is the first year of this plan, so I still have a lot to learn and do. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and glean some of your expert knowledge.

Some of you may know me from gardenweb, "tryingtogarden". Someday I am going to have to change that handle when I get this whole garden thing figured out.

Looking forward to a long winter with all of you.
Joan
notmartha
Bay City, MI
(Zone 6a)

August 26, 2001
1:22 PM

Post #116318

joan,
welcome to our home! im here in another cold state-mich!
winter is right around the corner for us!!
I hardly had a veggie garden this year-just peas,onions and 4 tomato plants!! Im to busy in the flower garden..lol
happy gardens
dori
Sis

August 26, 2001
1:25 PM

Post #116320

Welcome Joan from the Sunflower State' Sis'
deed
Portland, OR
(Zone 8a)

August 26, 2001
4:40 PM

Post #116384

Joan...Don't worry... be happy. Your garden will teach you what you really have to know if you pay attention...connect to the joy of gardening! Dee

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

August 28, 2001
8:57 PM

Post #117448

Welcome, Joan! Nice to have you among us!
Lazydaisy
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

August 31, 2001
4:54 AM

Post #118990

Welcome to DG from a deep south gardener. I'm sure you will just love it here. I probably can't help you as much as some of the northern gardeners can but I'm glad to meet you and warn you that this gardening site may be Habit Forming as I cannot seem to get enough of it. I even wake up during the night and check threads that I am watching. LOL Have fun.
pam aka Lazy Daisy
smiln32
Oklahoma City, OK
(Zone 7a)

September 1, 2001
1:54 AM

Post #119467

Welcome from the Heart of Dixie. Hope you enjoy DG as much as I do.
Joan
Belfield, ND
(Zone 4a)

September 3, 2001
8:40 AM

Post #120683

Thank you all so much for the welcome. I think I'll stick around awhile! I am so hopelessly addicted to this new garden thing! Tonight, hubby and I had a minor discussion. We couldn't eat at the table..."so, like we ever do anyway?!?!?!" It's covered with plant and seed printouts, plant and seed books, plant and seed magazines, Plant and seed catalogs,landscaping library books, actual seeds that I have either received from someone (those are okay as they're already in packages), or ones I have harvested and have drying, (these are the ones that have him bugged, because they are in pie tins and he thinks there's a better use for pie tins! LOL

Looking forward to getting to know you all better.

Joan (who knows there's a lot of learning to be done on my part)
blonde_elf
Topeka, KS
(Zone 5b)

September 4, 2001
10:01 PM

Post #121509

Oh my goodness! Joan, is that you?!? I think you and I just traded hostas. Did you recently get a box of hostas from Kansas? Tee Hee.

I'm so glad to see you here. Really! (*~*)
MaryE
Baker City, OR
(Zone 5b)

September 5, 2001
3:59 AM

Post #121721

Hello Joan, welcome to DG. Yep, the long winter is comming and I will be spending a lot more time here planning for spring and wishing it would come soon. Winter gets long here too because I am outside oriented and not into cold weather activities. Do you live in town or country?
Lilith
Durham
United Kingdom
(Zone 8a)

September 5, 2001
8:37 PM

Post #122000

Hello from the UK!!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Welcome Mat Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Introduction pearl 12 Jun 14, 2007 3:08 PM
Louisiana crawdad360 26 May 21, 2009 4:35 PM
Hi Everyone.... From the Chesapeake Bay Area Chesapeake 11 Jun 15, 2008 4:12 PM
Greetings from NE Kansas! azurebloom 11 Sep 29, 2008 1:04 AM
Hello from the Caribbean knotimpaired 14 Sep 3, 2007 7:03 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America