Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Marigold: Flower of the Aztecs: Distasteful? Perhaps pungent, distinct

Communities > Forums > Article: Marigold: Flower of the Aztecs
bookmark
Forum: Article: Marigold: Flower of the AztecsReplies: 1, Views: 25
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
EleanorZRuch
Hatfield, PA

May 12, 2008
12:03 PM

Post #4939924

By the scent of marigolds, I gather you mean the scent of the bruised foliage. Some plant scents such as this I describe as pungent. (Just checked the meaning and believe it DOES fit. Actually one of the meanings is "mentally stimulating or appealing as in pungent wit.) The scent of marigold, geranium, chrysanthemum and lantana all fall into a special category. They all remind me of the scent of my dad returning from a day in the greenhouses...a vivid emotional memory carried by the distinctive fragrance. Tomato greens have a similar type of scent. The Dahlberg Daisy is another...such an overlooked beauty!
gloria125
Greensboro, AL

May 12, 2008
12:53 PM

Post #4940086

How interesting to be aware of all those 'fragrances'.

Some marigold essential oil is actually used in perfume, so there are some 'notes' in there that the scent people appreciate!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Marigold: Flower of the Aztecs Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great article Lenjo 25 Jun 20, 2014 9:38 AM
Great phicks 2 May 12, 2008 4:03 AM
Marigolds as animal deterrent ivesco 1 May 12, 2008 8:54 PM
AWESOME pearlsanna 1 May 15, 2008 1:01 AM
Tagetes lemmonii ashjuniper 1 May 16, 2008 1:09 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America