Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Invasive Plants: very invasive reed type weed how to kill it

Communities > Forums > Invasive Plants
bookmark
Forum: Invasive PlantsReplies: 2, Views: 150
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
scordra
Coos Bay, OR
(Zone 7b)

May 12, 2008
7:01 PM

Post #4941513

I am in coastal Oregon and have a very nasty little weed that I can't get rid of--it's about 6" tall (although I've seen it grow taller when necessary to reach sunlight, right thru other plants--as much as 2' taller!) It has segmented stems and roots that are very reed-like with 'needle' like foliage. I've been told that NOTHING kills it - (including toxic chemicals) short of smothering it with weed barrier which has to be left in place at least 3 years!!! It is fond of poorer soils and full sun.HELP, please I don't want it taking over my yard.
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

May 12, 2008
7:15 PM

Post #4941567

Hi scordra, you would probably be better off posting your question in the Invasive Plants forum http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/invasives/all/ This forum is for questions about the Plant Files database, anything to do with care/eradication/etc of plants will probably get more answers in the other forums. If you don't know the name of the weed, it might also help to post a picture of it in the Plant Identification forum first to find out what it is, then people can make better suggestions on how to get rid of it.
raydio
Bessemer City, NC
(Zone 7b)

October 7, 2009
1:18 AM

Post #7142922

sorry, responded to wrong post.

This message was edited Oct 6, 2009 9:32 PM

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Invasive Plants Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. dodecatheon 79 Mar 2, 2008 2:12 AM
Ampelopsis brevipedunculata 'Elegans' Invasive. snapple45 19 Dec 10, 2008 2:12 AM
Nutsedge, sedge, etc. - questions & comment Dea 20 Nov 12, 2009 2:32 AM
Wild onions. escambiaguy 19 May 6, 2009 8:05 PM
Wisteria judycooksey 97 Jun 8, 2007 5:32 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America