Photo by Melody

Article: There's Always a Reason: Companion Planting: Sharing your stories

Communities > Forums > Article: There's Always a Reason: Companion Planting
bookmark
Forum: Article: There's Always a Reason: Companion PlantingReplies: 5, Views: 16
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
jasmerr
Merrimac, WI
(Zone 4b)

May 13, 2008
4:44 PM

Post #4945606

Shar,

I have been sharing your stories with my daughter this morning, and am going to send them to her two friends that have worked with CAP in Hager Hill, Ky.

I'm sure one of the friends could have used an asphidity bag recently. Seems she was out for a hike in the nearby woods and a deer tried to attack her - pawing the ground and bellowing. She had to climb up the mountain and find an alternate route home.

Jody
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 6, 2009
6:38 AM

Post #6783354

Jody,
I just now saw this, right here on a rerun of this article. I don't know how I missed it last year. It's good to know you shared the stories with your daughter, and hope she enjoyed them too.

It's very nice to see you again, and I am so sorry I missed this when it was originally printed. But, as in all things, better late than never.

I hope you are having a wonderful summer, with no flooding like I seem to remember you had sometime in the recent past.

Thank you for writing.
Sharon

Oh...that must have been a Mama Deer protecting her babies. I hope things went well with your daughter's friend after that incident.
jasmerr
Merrimac, WI
(Zone 4b)

July 20, 2009
2:38 AM

Post #6839933

No worries...I just saw your reply! Yes, Sara's friend was fine after her little run in with the deer. In fact, Sara, the mentioned friend, and another friend are now sharing a house in Berea, KY. Hopefully, they will all find work soon (only one is working), or I don't know how long they will be staying. DH and I will be bringing the remainder of their things to Berea next week.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 20, 2009
3:35 PM

Post #6841681

Hi
I am in chicago this week, but wanted to tell you I love berea, and it's very close to the place where I grew up.
More about that later.
This keyboard is wayyy too small today
jasmerr
Merrimac, WI
(Zone 4b)

July 31, 2009
3:41 PM

Post #6889459

We got home from Kentucky very early this morning. Berea is lovely, but we spent most of our time helping Sara and her friends settle in. I was busy painting furniture and enlarging their garden, while Mike (DH) was repairing things and building a computer desk out of an old door.

I wish I could have arranged time to visit you and Shawna, but we left early Sunday morning and planned to return Wednesday; we ended up extending our trip one day because we didn't have everything on our "list" done. We did get in a bit of sight seeing; my favorite was Tater Knob Pottery.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 31, 2009
3:50 PM

Post #6889485

Berea is a wonderful place, full of fun crafts. I am glad you enjoyed it. Louisville is not so far away, (Shawna) but I am much farther, so it would have been another couple of days for you to come this far west. Maybe another time.

I hope your daughter loves E. KY as much as I did when I grew up there.

She needs to find Bybee pottery too, it's also pretty close by.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: There's Always a Reason: Companion Planting Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Happy May Day! MistyPetals 12 May 1, 2008 10:03 PM
Companion Planting Sundownr 3 May 1, 2008 10:04 PM
Makes Perfect Sense! Seedtosser1 1 May 2, 2008 12:05 AM
Love it herbalbetty 1 May 5, 2008 12:44 AM
great information! lizrainey 23 Jul 7, 2009 3:09 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America