Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Bleeding Hearts - Bizarre is Beautiful: so many bleeding hearts, so little time!

Communities > Forums > Article: Bleeding Hearts - Bizarre is Beautiful
bookmark
Forum: Article: Bleeding Hearts - Bizarre is BeautifulReplies: 3, Views: 99
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Kathleen
Panama, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 15, 2008
11:12 AM

Post #4953772

Thank you for a great article.

We have squirrel corn back in the woods in bloom right now. I have D exima that has taken over the entire wildflower garden and is being moved piece by piece. I also have a D. spectabilis, they are a requisite for any good farm house garden. Even my grandmother who wasn't really much of a gardener had one that grew quite lush and large. I have killed more of the D. spect. alba than I care to admit to and have given it up as a bad job.
grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

May 15, 2008
1:34 PM

Post #4954451

Todd, they are all beautiful and I have yet to acquire one. I got seeds for D. eximia in a trade this year and managed to get one plant going. My neighbor has a beautiful pink one in bloom now... don't know the species. I really need to get on this.

Thanks for the great pics & info. Well done. jan

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

May 15, 2008
3:51 PM

Post #4955093

Oh, Thank you! I am SO excited to have all this information on bleeding hearts in one place. I love them, and usually manage to get one growing well just in time for me to move again. Now I have a handy list with photos to carry!
pajaritomt
Los Alamos, NM
(Zone 5a)

May 15, 2008
7:30 PM

Post #4956010

Thanks for this lovely article on Bleeding Hearts. I have never been able to grow them, but I bet I never gave them rich enough soil or a shady enough spot. I am going to try again. I have always loved them and have, sadly, killed several.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Bleeding Hearts - Bizarre is Beautiful Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Beautiful! melody 4 May 19, 2008 11:49 PM
A touch of zone envy JaxFlaGardener 3 May 15, 2008 9:00 PM
Is it proper to trim Star Magnolia Bush? And when??? _ Af baurer 1 May 25, 2008 11:32 PM
I didn't know... nanny_56 0 May 15, 2008 10:50 PM
How Different? Cosmobetty 3 May 29, 2008 1:49 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America