Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Mistletoe, Birds and Butterflies: So many mistletoes!

Communities > Forums > Article: Mistletoe, Birds and Butterflies
bookmark
Forum: Article: Mistletoe, Birds and ButterfliesReplies: 6, Views: 41
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 16, 2008
1:28 PM

Post #4959214

I had no idea that there were so many, and the Drooping Mistletoe looks like a beautiful example.

Great article! Loved it!
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

May 16, 2008
3:08 PM

Post #4959628

Wow! What a fascinating plant, with its community of associated critters. Thanks for sharing it with us, complete with all those lovely photos!
Pamgarden
Central, VA
(Zone 7b)

May 16, 2008
8:58 PM

Post #4961143

Thank you for a very interesting article, well researched and full of great visuals.
LhasaLover
(Tammie) Odessa, TX
(Zone 7b)

May 19, 2008
3:58 PM

Post #4973777

Loved the article.. very informative ane eye opening. Loved all the photographs also. Thank you very much.
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

May 25, 2010
5:52 AM

Post #7825264

Ken, what an eye-opener this article has been for me. I'm going to be searching for mistletoe everywhere I go now. There are Mistletoebirds in the local area. Knowing what to look for will be a great help. Thank you.
cindylove
Lewisville, TX
(Zone 7b)

May 25, 2010
2:07 PM

Post #7826881

Thank you for the article. Being an avid butterfly fan I just loved the caterpillars & adults.
Great photogrphy too... photography is also a hobby of mine.
Rosebud68
nr. Brisbane
Australia

May 31, 2010
8:59 PM

Post #7847550

Very interesting. We had a gum tree with loads of Mistletoe on it, far too close to our house on the next property. All during the drought ( it was a long one but about 4 years of this time) I watched as the lorrikeets came each morning during the late winter to feed from the mistletoe flowers as there was little else in flower at that time of year. It certainly kept them going at their usual incredible speed.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Mistletoe, Birds and Butterflies Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thanks cybercrone 1 May 31, 2010 1:53 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America