Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

Article: Introduction to Aeoniums: aeoniums

Communities > Forums > Article: Introduction to Aeoniums
bookmark
Forum: Article: Introduction to AeoniumsReplies: 1, Views: 33
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
scotsmiss
Sandwich
United Kingdom
(Zone 9a)

May 16, 2008
6:11 PM

Post #4960472

Nice article. Can I assume that the 'grows most in winter' will be reversed to grows most in summer in the UK (I am in South East England)? I put my swartzkopf out for the summer but brought it into a frost proof greenhouse for winter and scarcly watered in winter - was that wrong? It has become very leggy, lower leaves having withered. Is that because I kept it dry in winter? Should I chop off the top? What about taking cuttings - what's the best way? Thanks for your help.

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

May 17, 2008
4:15 AM

Post #4963068

leggy happens no matter what.. .but is more likely in low light... chop off tops and replant them. I water mine all year round, but more so when it's cool than when it's warm (though, is it ever warm there?). Cuttings can be taken with a knife, a clippers, or snapping off the branches where ever you like

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Introduction to Aeoniums Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
love them all onewish1 4 May 17, 2008 3:43 AM
Great phicks 0 May 12, 2008 10:27 PM
I have a Zwartkop I_AM_SHE 0 Jul 7, 2008 3:35 PM
Well I'll be___ jamlover 0 Sep 8, 2008 12:03 AM
Aeonium tabuliforme gingerLS 1 May 23, 2010 3:59 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America