Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Beekeeping: I had no idea there was a bee forum here!

Communities > Forums > Beekeeping
bookmark
Forum: BeekeepingReplies: 1, Views: 28
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Cheeto
Scottsdale, AZ
(Zone 9b)

May 16, 2008
7:36 PM

Post #4960789

I sure do love this website. I posted a question in a different forum about bee removal. I have bees in the exterior wall of my house and I have not been able to get them removed so... I started killing them. This is really not what I want to do. I love having them around for the obvious reasons. Ideally, I owuld like to relocate them somewhere near the house instead of inside it. Any thoughts?

I also have another question. How does one raise a bee colony? Is a permit required? Seems like a fun hobby that would be mutually beneficial for the garden and visa versa. I will delve further into the forum but I didn't see anything like this on the first page. Thanks guys!

John
jtwig
Davis, CA
(Zone 9b)

May 26, 2008
4:36 AM

Post #5003783

You could try smoking them out. You could try to raise your them as your own. I don't think a permit is required. I have some and don't have to permit for them. But you might want to check out your Cities ordinances online is a good place to look. It is amazing thing to beekeep and you'll love it!
Ciao, j

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beekeeping Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
To catch a honey bee... WUVIE 10 Mar 25, 2007 11:18 PM
Dead Bees countryfarms 17 Oct 7, 2010 11:42 AM
New Beekeepers SwarmCatcher 10 Sep 12, 2009 3:51 PM
Bee sting - bee stinger mygardens 27 Nov 12, 2008 4:04 PM
Bees in the ground starlight1153 45 Sep 9, 2009 9:54 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America