Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

sharing a few pics

London, Canada

I live in London Ontario. I decided to get out of town today...just on the outskirts of town and take a hike...this is what I found...

Thumbnail by shiva_kalima
London, Canada

Trilliums everywhere!
Tiger lillies everywhere as well!

London, Canada

Can anyone tell me what these are? The wide foliage around all the trilliums?

London, Canada

Here is a family of ducks that I saw along the way too :)

London, Canada

I saw this pretty mushroom too

London, Canada

There was a couple

Chesterland, OH(Zone 5b)

What a beautiful find of Trillium! I can imagine how you felt when you came upon them.

London, Canada

It was a great spot! I had my friend running around the swamp looking at all the great stuff! I even brought a couple tiger lillies home with me. Ill post a few pics later today if you like

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

shiva
those other plants (around the trilliums) look like May Apples. If so, they will get a flower that is quite pretty and quite hidden from view. Go to the net and type in May Apples photo - the leaves are very similiar if not the same.

London, Canada

May Apples! That is exactly what that was...is that also a good plant for the garden?

London, Canada

I tried to find info on dg about this foliage under that name..unable to. Im still getting used to maneuvering about the site. Thanks for all your help!

Chesterland, OH(Zone 5b)

shiva-
American Mayapple-Podophyllum peltatum, it is definitely a woodland plant and will spread over time. I don't know that I would put it in a flower bed. This is a stand of them on our property. The flower is white and you basically have to lift the leaf to see it. Most of them die back by the end of June around here.

Thumbnail by Shadyfolks
London, Canada

Blaine, MN(Zone 4b)

Will the May apples grow under pines I wonder need something like that for my shade garden...I have trillium in a couple spots in my gardens they are pretty and last a while..Where is London Canada? My dad took us on a trip to Canada when I was about 13 years. I loved it there. I remember going to Calgary zoo, The Mountains Alberta and British Columbia the most very scenic and the drop offs on the way up the mts were really scary but beautiful. We saw mtn goat and sheep.....My father lived in Loon Lake Saskatcheun until he was about 14 or 15 if I remember correctly. Always wanted to take another trip up there some day....Marlina

London, Canada

London is in Ontario. Sounds like you have an ideal spot for these plants...I see them in forested areas all the time. I now live on a property that has a little over an acre of mostly forest...I'm very excited for my growing season this year! Lots of planning to do!!

meadville,pa, United States

Hi, shiva_kalima; The "wide foliage" around the trilliums looks like Mayapple or Mandrake, Podophullum peltatum very common here in nw Pennsylvania...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.