Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Bleeding Hearts - Bizarre is Beautiful: How Different?

Communities > Forums > Article: Bleeding Hearts - Bizarre is Beautiful
bookmark
Forum: Article: Bleeding Hearts - Bizarre is BeautifulReplies: 3, Views: 31
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Cosmobetty
Wichita, KS

May 17, 2008
6:23 PM

Post #4964981

Does anyone know how to tell the difference between Daylilies, iris',and Daffidills by their leaves?
adoresaiken
Clemmons, NC

May 19, 2008
11:43 PM

Post #4975599

I know by sight, but I am not sure I can explain.

Daffodill greenery has more of a rounded "leaf", Iris greenery is usually "fan" shaped and thin pointed "leaves", Daylilly greenery is kind of in-between the others, meaning thicker than Iris, and not round like Daffodil, but tall and willowy, kind of bending over in a graceful curve.

Right now, Daffodil greenery will be turning yellow or brown and lose it's upright habit. Iris have quit blooming in my area also, but the greenery is still standing tall but beginning to look faded. Daylilies have not yet bloomed, so the greenery will be tall and vibrant looking.

I hope this helped!

Pat
Cosmobetty
Wichita, KS

May 21, 2008
2:58 AM

Post #4981572

Thank you so much for answering me. I was beginning to think I didnt do the thread thing right. I think I understand what you're saying. I'm going to plant the ones I think are daylilies with my other ones. What can I loose. They are from my mom's yard and we're selling her house. Shes in a carehome. Do the daylilies have a bulb or are there a lot of radash looking things at roots?
adoresaiken
Clemmons, NC

May 29, 2008
1:49 AM

Post #5017943

cosmobetty,

There is no bulb, but the roots do have little "knobby" things!

Pat

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Bleeding Hearts - Bizarre is Beautiful Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
so many bleeding hearts, so little time! Kathleen 3 May 15, 2008 7:30 PM
Beautiful! melody 4 May 19, 2008 11:49 PM
A touch of zone envy JaxFlaGardener 3 May 15, 2008 9:00 PM
Is it proper to trim Star Magnolia Bush? And when??? _ Af baurer 1 May 25, 2008 11:32 PM
I didn't know... nanny_56 0 May 15, 2008 10:50 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America