Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Passiflora 'Gloria Moreno'

San Diego, CA

Ok, the Gloria Moreno opened this morning and here is a pic of the flower, followed by some other pics.
Mark

Thumbnail by zostropz
San Diego, CA

a pic while it was opening

Thumbnail by zostropz
San Diego, CA

a pic of the bud yesterday.

Thumbnail by zostropz
San Diego, CA

a pic of the leaf which shows the serrated edges. (excuse my spelling)

Thumbnail by zostropz
San Diego, CA

and one last pic, a close up of the leaf.
thanks,
Mark

Thumbnail by zostropz
Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Lovely, just lovely!

OK, so now that's done well in the heat of San Diego.....uh, wait, San Diego isn't actually too hot though is it? Does anyone know of one of this type of passion vine that might be heat tolerant? I mean really heat tolerant?

San Diego, CA

AZ, with your heat, Susan Brigham or Coral Glow would be your best bets of the long tubed type. I had the Coral Glow when I lived in Escondido. We often had temps over 100 and it did well for me but it must be in the ground to do so.
Mark

San Diego, CA

AZ, what county are you in?
Mark

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Thanks Mark, I'll be keeping my eye out for those next year when I'm shopping online. I have few plants not in the ground so that's not a problem.

Maricopa county, PHX metro area.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Good question Lynn. I was going to be asking Mark the ame question next month. But now that you did I know the answer and on to my fall planning list!!

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Good question Lynn. I was going to be asking Mark the ame question next month. But now that you did I know the answer and on to my fall planning list!!

Marki love the Gloria Moreno!!

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Marie, you get up on both sides of the bed this morning ;P

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Yeah I do not know what that is all about. Mark do either of the two you suggested handle the cold as well as the heat?

San Diego, CA

Marie, no guarantee on the heat although these will probably represent your best chance, but they should do to freezing in the cold. Remember, in the ground would be best for them.
Mark

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

We hvae to at least try, don't we ;P

San Diego, CA

lol, I alway's do.
Mark

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.