Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: African Violets You Can Grow Them!: I can grow African Violets?

Communities > Forums > Article: African Violets You Can Grow Them!
bookmark
Forum: Article: African Violets You Can Grow Them!Replies: 1, Views: 40
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
marcha
Brattleboro, VT
(Zone 5a)

May 21, 2008
12:53 AM

Post #4980864

I can grow African Violets? I hope you are right, because we received one as a gift yesterday and I am hopeless with house plants! I did not know I needed to change the soil it came with. Can I buy a small amount of pre-mixed soil that is especially for violets? What type and what size pot should I use? With this information and your timely article maybe there is hope for the pretty little thing. The blooms are a lovely dark purple edged with white.
MitchF
Lindsay, OK
(Zone 7a)

May 21, 2008
12:19 PM

Post #4982489

Sure you can! They are so simple and easy. You can buy little bags of soil for African Violets at Walmart - and make sure you have it in a good pot. Look for a self watering pot - something with a small pot sitting in a bigger pot. If you go into any garden store ask them for an African Violet pot - or go to the DG Marketplace and I saw some very nice ones there that can at least give you some ideas.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: African Violets You Can Grow Them! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Mine is waneing estrellalite 0 May 21, 2008 6:18 PM
flowering african violets Barbell 1 May 27, 2008 12:32 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America