A DIFFERENT kind of quilt block swap Part 2

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Your wish fulfilled! I was just waiting for someone to say, "NEW thread please".

We gave from here and all "rules" are there. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/832640/#new

South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

a clean slate!

Here is my block from Gourd, isn't it great!

Thumbnail by llilyfan
Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Yes it is.

Thanks for the new thread.

This is my Abstraction block, what a challenge, but I am glad I had the chance to do it and succeed... I believe.

I think my computer ate all of my mailed blocks, I can't find the pictures!

Thumbnail by llilyfan

Oh, I like your abstraction block, very nice.

Mesilla Park, NM

I'm glad you liked it.. I like that blue abstraction.. very nice.

I certainly got distracted with abstraction and had to really watch placement!

This is my version of Northwind for my DD's quilt.

I've got soo many quilt tops going right now I tend to get them mixed up LOL!

Thumbnail by llilyfan

Love your fabrics. Looks very much like some I just bought at Wal-Mart for $2.00 per yard. Bought some of each color.

Thumbnail by mittsy

Playing with new fabrics, this might be an additional block. No fabric stash here in NY so it is hard to design anything without several trips out shopping.

Thumbnail by mittsy

Yep, the light blue is the same......and surprisingly it is heavier denser fabric than the dark which cost me almost twice as much at a quilt store!

Mesilla Park, NM

I was going to say, I got some of those same patterns in fabric at Joannes... I didn't know walmart carried that... I'm hitting walmart real soon too.. I've got to get some for backings.

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

here is my brasstown star block, Llily yours goes in the mail tues.

Thumbnail by barefootT

OOOOH, I can't wait to see it in person!

Mesilla Park, NM

Oh I really like those colors, they blend in perfectly..

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Lillyfan, I got your block yesterday WOW, I love it...the abstraction you did is great too ;)
I did the one I kept for me in blue and white also, but I liked the brown and white I did for Bbeth, gonna do another for my "sampler". I have been doing most of my practice squares in same colors requested by the other quilters, figured it will make for a very interesting "sampler" quilt. Here's a pic of the one I sent 2pugs

Thumbnail by barefootT

Very nice.

Barefoot, Glad you liked it, I saved it and qwilters blocks for last because I thought they were going to be the hardest, they were, but went together much easier than I could have hoped for.

My DD is a blue fan so I am doing a sampler quilt for her with all the blocks we have done in this swap, I'm using about two dozen or so different prints in the quilt so it should end up quite interesting.

I like the block you did for 2pugdogs

Here is my block from Qwilter, it is so wonderful. I haven't received an ugly block yet! LOL

I am so glad to be doing this swap

Thumbnail by llilyfan
Mesilla Park, NM

Oh boy, they are just beautiful...

I've received my block from Beth, Thank you beth.

I've got company for about 10 days and will be off and on here.. I'll post photos soon.
A.

And here is my block from BarefootT, another wonderful block. There is no way I can pick a favorite because I love them all!

Thumbnail by llilyfan
Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Hi everyone. I finally took out my sewing stuff again and am getting myself organized. I have received 5 blocks so far. Thank you to Gourd, ByndeweeBeth, BarefootT, and Llilyfan.......and to one other person, but I don't remember who sent the 5th block to me. I'm very sorry for not keeping better track of things! If the block in the lower left corner of this pic is yours, will you please let me know? Thank you!

Thumbnail by mgh

Looks like mine.

Thumbnail by mittsy

Yes! Thank you, Mittsy!

mgh, I was not happy with the end result of your block and I'm redoing it. I like the fabric i chose so I'm hopeful of the end result. I practiced on another block and it turned out so I'm ready to retackle yours!

No problem, psychw2. I'm just now getting going on everyone's blocks. I redid BWBeth's today for the other swap. I just couldn't get the points to line up! I need more practice at that.

I was telling my NY quilting buddy that I had no stash as I took it all to Florida, so she took pity on me and shared from her scraps, and stash, too. It is so lovely to have something to choose from and not have to run to the store just to make a few kids blocks. I feel blessed to have such a good friend. I love my new choices in primary colors.

Thumbnail by mittsy

AW yes, Mittsy! This illustrates one of the many reasons it is soooooo important to make quilting addicts out of ALL of our friends, so they can share their stash! Great selection you are blessed!

Mittsy, I mailed off 3 blocks to you. Only one seems to be the "correct size" but I didnt' want to "waste" any, I think you will be able to use them all. That was a very fun & enjoyable block, thanks for the great selection!

Sorry friends, I am headed out of town for a week so I will not be sending any more blocks for a bit.

Coast range of, OR(Zone 8b)

I've recieved 6 blocks so far but I've forgotted who gave me one of them. I know which ones came from:

Gourd
barefoott
mittsy
lillyfan
qwilter

But there is one I don't have a name on.

Here they are all together. They are GREAT!

Thumbnail by got2Bgreen

Isn't it fun to watch it "grow" as you receive another block to add on. I am like a kid watching my mailbox everyday waiting for another one to add.

Yes it is! Here are my 'seedlings' in a group photo!

Thumbnail by llilyfan
scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

Got2BGreen, one of them is mine that I send in the company mail. (ByndeweedBeth)

Here is my last one for Mittsy going out. I have ALL of them done now!!! phew! it was fun.

Thumbnail by ByndeweedBeth

Cool! I'll be looking for it!

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

All-

I still have a few left to do. I'll be out of town till mid-month. They are all cut out and ready to sew I just need to get an extra 10 hours in a day.

Coast range of, OR(Zone 8b)

Thanks Beth!

Don't know why I didn't remember that seeings as I was at your desk this morning.

^_^

LOL!!! Got the quilt blocks and THANKS!!!!

psych2 I got your blocks, I already modified the center of the small one to make it work. Here's the picture. Thanks for the extras. I'll put them to good use. Between the hospital and project Linus, no block goes unused! Will post the fire motif one later.

Thumbnail by mittsy

I finished the watermelon one and here's the extra from psych2, fire dog.

Thumbnail by mittsy

I want to share the blocks I have gotten so far! 5 people have sent their blocks (one person sent two, thanks!)

Thumbnail by ByndeweedBeth

Those look great! I'm definitely redoing the one I just did for you! LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.