Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

Article: African Violets You Can Grow Them!: Mine is waneing

Communities > Forums > Article: African Violets You Can Grow Them!
bookmark
Forum: Article: African Violets You Can Grow Them!Replies: 0, Views: 32
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
estrellalite
Burlington, IA

May 21, 2008
6:18 PM

Post #4984028

I bought my second African Violet (dont ask about the 1st one!) recently as my housewarming present for our new house. I had one previously and had mastered the basic with it...Or so I thought! This new one is causing me headaches. I purchased a special pot just for it that has a reservoir built into the bottom. It lost it's blooms when I repotted, because African Violets only bloom when they are snug in their container or near root bound. I anticipated that and it didnt scare me. What is scaring me is that I've noticed the leaves are touching the lip of the container and dying due to it. So I have a very well taken care of Violet with stunning new growth in the center and dead rotting elder leaves all around the outer ring of the pot. So I tryed to add soil so that the leaves would not touch the container lip and I tryed to bend leaves up to keep off container (RE: dont bend African Violet leaves it's never gonna work;)
I finally got off of my lazy bum and replanted this African Violet yesterday. I chose a pot with a thick, smooth rim and made sure that I had enough soil to keep the plant off of the rim. I will have to keep you all posted on the progress if this doesnt work I wont know what to do.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: African Violets You Can Grow Them! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I can grow African Violets? marcha 1 May 21, 2008 12:19 PM
flowering african violets Barbell 1 May 27, 2008 12:32 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America