Photo by Melody

Article: African Violets You Can Grow Them!: Mine is waneing

Communities > Forums > Article: African Violets You Can Grow Them!
bookmark
Forum: Article: African Violets You Can Grow Them!Replies: 0, Views: 32
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
estrellalite
Burlington, IA

May 21, 2008
6:18 PM

Post #4984028

I bought my second African Violet (dont ask about the 1st one!) recently as my housewarming present for our new house. I had one previously and had mastered the basic with it...Or so I thought! This new one is causing me headaches. I purchased a special pot just for it that has a reservoir built into the bottom. It lost it's blooms when I repotted, because African Violets only bloom when they are snug in their container or near root bound. I anticipated that and it didnt scare me. What is scaring me is that I've noticed the leaves are touching the lip of the container and dying due to it. So I have a very well taken care of Violet with stunning new growth in the center and dead rotting elder leaves all around the outer ring of the pot. So I tryed to add soil so that the leaves would not touch the container lip and I tryed to bend leaves up to keep off container (RE: dont bend African Violet leaves it's never gonna work;)
I finally got off of my lazy bum and replanted this African Violet yesterday. I chose a pot with a thick, smooth rim and made sure that I had enough soil to keep the plant off of the rim. I will have to keep you all posted on the progress if this doesnt work I wont know what to do.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: African Violets You Can Grow Them! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I can grow African Violets? marcha 1 May 21, 2008 12:19 PM
flowering african violets Barbell 1 May 27, 2008 12:32 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America