Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Hardy Euphorbias in the Garden An Untamed Passion for 'Shrubby Spurges': Tip's on a Pink Euphorbia

Communities > Forums > Article: Hardy Euphorbias in the Garden An Untamed Passion for 'Shrubby Spurges'
bookmark
Forum: Article: Hardy Euphorbias in the Garden An Untamed Passion for 'Shrubby Spurges'Replies: 1, Views: 50
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
RawrItsSarah
Cardiff
United Kingdom

May 24, 2008
6:21 PM

Post #4997697

Helloo,
I bought a cactus/plant in a garden center about a month and a half ago, it had no label or tips on how to maintain the plant, but i later found out it was called a Euphorbia, i then later found out there are lots of different types of these plants, Could mine be different?, It's a cactus with Green leaves and Pink flowers blossoming, Since i had no tips on when to water, could anybody give me a idea of how frequently to water it?, Ive been watering it every two days, its too much i know, but its my first ever plant and i had no idea what to do ^_^..
I've now got Fungus Gnats due to over watering so I'm draining out the plant for around 2 weeks, Does anybody have any extra tips on how to prevent/get rid of these pests..
Thanks for anybody who reads this...It's quite long i know :P
Thank You :)
omasuziq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7a)

April 23, 2010
2:57 PM

Post #7730793

I'm new to DG and you may not even be monitoring this site any longer. But...

I believe what you have is a different Euphorbia altogether. It is one that is sold here in the US as a houseplant, not as a garden plant (although if you vacation in the Caribbean, you may see it used in gardens there). Does it have spines on the stems? It likes sun and requires very little water. In fact, too much water will lead to its demise.

As for fungus gnats, I've heard that putting some coarse sand on top of the soil and NOT overwatering helps. But I've found it fairly hard to rid myself of these nasty creatures once they start invading.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Hardy Euphorbias in the Garden An Untamed Passion for 'Shrubby Spurges' Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Very well presented article pirl 7 Jan 26, 2008 2:11 AM
Lovely Shrubs debnes_dfw_tx 3 Jan 28, 2008 5:52 PM
Wow, I'm impressed! darius 7 Jan 26, 2008 8:12 PM
Oh mercy.... Chantell 2 Jan 26, 2008 1:51 AM
Talisman Tiger? bearroadie2 6 Apr 20, 2010 10:46 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America