Photo by Melody

Article: Liquid Teracotta: I have been curious too.

Communities > Forums > Article: Liquid Teracotta
bookmark
Forum: Article: Liquid TeracottaReplies: 10, Views: 87
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

May 24, 2008
8:46 PM

Post #4998115

Gee thanks Ian ...I have been really interested in that too. I might have to give it a try now. Those pots and containers look pretty good.
GranvilleSouth

(Zone 10a)

May 24, 2008
9:57 PM

Post #4998329

How are you Chrissy? I didn't realise it had been published but yeah, it works pretty good. Would have cost a fortune for all the "terracotta" I have now. I will try the sandstone out as a flooring soon.
Ian
BlueGlancer
South/Central, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 25, 2008
5:29 AM

Post #4999665

I have never heard of this stuff, but it looks like something I need to check out. Thanks for writing about it. : )
~Lucy
GranvilleSouth

(Zone 10a)

May 25, 2008
10:34 AM

Post #4999993

Hey. I tried hard to nail an exact equivalent in the US but only found boutique paints & stuff that would cost too much. Surely, you would have something over there. The US has everything.
SCNewbie
Anderson, SC
(Zone 7b)

May 25, 2008
3:50 PM

Post #5000884

Contrary to popular belief, no, the US doesn't have everything. ;) lol

I googled it & went thru several pages of sites, but found nothing even remotely close. It's possible I don't know what an equivalent would look like, tho (in print).
laikalee
Stanford, CA

May 26, 2008
6:23 PM

Post #5005864

Australia has had a couple of things I would have liked had they been available here: (1) a really good natural fertilizer used for proteaceae in South Africa and (2) a copper paint for exterior plastic pots. I'm not sure if the Americans have copied the latter but never could get the former. That's one of the great things about travel or virtual/web travel - see how things are done elsewhere!
Napergal
Naperville, IL

May 26, 2008
7:59 PM

Post #5006223

Terracotta paint is available in the Chicago and suburban area in handy spray cans in the hardware store and craft centers. It is about $6.00 a can and will do several pots. I have used it to make old faded pots look like new and to change plastic black and green ones to match the others. I have also used the stone finish ..comes in handy spray cans, also ...covered my husband's old bowling ball and set it in my garden like a little stone garden sphere ornament ...has lasted several years, with no special extra coating or sealant (same with the terracotta spray paint ...nothing was put over the original spray finish and they are holding up fine!) ...left it out all winter, too!!
Sandy
SCNewbie
Anderson, SC
(Zone 7b)

May 26, 2008
9:11 PM

Post #5006517

Cool! Thanks for that info!!
GranvilleSouth

(Zone 10a)

May 26, 2008
9:32 PM

Post #5006615

Thanks Sandy. I tried contacting the company's marketers about US availability but have had no luck so far. I'll try a different contact today
Ian

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

May 27, 2008
12:56 AM

Post #5007536

That was a cool idea re the bowling ball ...those stone ball ornaments cost a bomb and they do look very nice ...they are supposed to be good feng shui thingy ...I wonder if it it's cheating :-)
Dollykat
Lucasville, OH

May 27, 2008
2:06 AM

Post #5007952

Laikalee: I have seen copper-colored spray paint for plastic in Walmart and other stores, such as home improvement type stores. Look for spray paint (I think it is Rustoleum or Krylon) with the word "Fusion" on the label. It comes in metallics, such as copper, as well as regular colors. I used a bronze-brown metallic color on some plastic pots. They look quite good. If you can't find the metallic copper Fusion paint, look for a plastic primer in a spray-paint can, and then use copper spray paint over that. I have gone that route, too, but the Fusion saves the primer step.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Liquid Teracotta Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great article!! SCNewbie 6 May 26, 2008 9:34 PM
The nerd did it again! jjacques 12 Feb 20, 2012 6:39 AM
Excellent article doccat5 6 May 31, 2008 2:06 PM
Where is it? kws1313 3 Jun 8, 2008 11:28 PM
Love it! jpoltron 1 May 26, 2008 9:47 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America