Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Where is the Main Menu for My Journal

Bayonne, NJ(Zone 6b)

I was just trying to start a Journal. I added one category when it started but when I wanted to go back and add more I can't find the main menu for
the journal to add categories as it mentions in the FAQ. When I click on my Journal to open it the only thing that shows is the one category I added in the beginning. ....PamInNJ

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I wonder if you're going into your journal the right way? There are two ways in, one way you see your journal as if you were another member looking at it, and one way you see it as if you were you, and then you can edit, add categories, etc. To get to that one, you need to go to the "My tools" tab at the top of the page, then choose the journal from there. If you're going to your member page and clicking the journal link from there, you're seeing the version of your journal that other people see but you can't edit.

Bayonne, NJ(Zone 6b)

Thank you, I think that must have been the problem. I did get in by accident much later but didn't notice the difference in opening the Journal from two different areas.

Pam In NJ

Brownsboro, AL(Zone 7a)

I'm being dense today as I have the same problem as Pam.

While logged in from Home I select Mytools which takes me to Your Gardening Journal and shows the 4 categories I created at the outset. I can add info to these categories but I see no main menu so I can't do much without the main menu.

Jeff

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

You went in the right way to see the main menu, that's what you should see when you click on the journal link from the My Tools page. If you're not seeing it, the only thing I can think of is that you didn't quite finish the initial journal setup yet--I think to do this you have to add a plant into one of your categories. When I click on your username to view your journal, it shows your categories but doesn't show any plants in them. So I'd try adding a plant and see if that helps things.

Brownsboro, AL(Zone 7a)

ecrane,

Thanks. You were right. I hadn't completed the process by making an entry and now I can see everything.

Thanks again.

Jeff

Brownsboro, AL(Zone 7a)

One more question.

I'm making good progress on creating my Journal but am I correct that I cannot edit any additional entry I make to an item except for the initial entry made when I create the item?

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

You should be able to--when I go into my journal and view a particular plant, underneath each entry I see links that say Edit this entry and delete this entry. I'm not sure why that doesn't show up for you.

Brownsboro, AL(Zone 7a)

ecrane,

You're right. I just need to put on my glasses for the small type.

Thanks again.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images