-
AuthorContent
PamInNJ
Bayonne, NJ
(Zone 6b)

May 25, 2008
5:49 AM

Post #4999685

I was just trying to start a Journal. I added one category when it started but when I wanted to go back and add more I can't find the main menu for
the journal to add categories as it mentions in the FAQ. When I click on my Journal to open it the only thing that shows is the one category I added in the beginning. ...PamInNJ
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

May 25, 2008
1:46 PM

Post #5000468

I wonder if you're going into your journal the right way? There are two ways in, one way you see your journal as if you were another member looking at it, and one way you see it as if you were you, and then you can edit, add categories, etc. To get to that one, you need to go to the "My tools" tab at the top of the page, then choose the journal from there. If you're going to your member page and clicking the journal link from there, you're seeing the version of your journal that other people see but you can't edit.
PamInNJ
Bayonne, NJ
(Zone 6b)

May 26, 2008
5:35 AM

Post #5003902

Thank you, I think that must have been the problem. I did get in by accident much later but didn't notice the difference in opening the Journal from two different areas.

Pam In NJ
Jeffxxx
Brownsboro, AL
(Zone 7a)

January 9, 2009
7:50 PM

Post #5985874

I'm being dense today as I have the same problem as Pam.

While logged in from Home I select Mytools which takes me to Your Gardening Journal and shows the 4 categories I created at the outset. I can add info to these categories but I see no main menu so I can't do much without the main menu.

Jeff

ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 9, 2009
7:53 PM

Post #5985885

You went in the right way to see the main menu, that's what you should see when you click on the journal link from the My Tools page. If you're not seeing it, the only thing I can think of is that you didn't quite finish the initial journal setup yet--I think to do this you have to add a plant into one of your categories. When I click on your username to view your journal, it shows your categories but doesn't show any plants in them. So I'd try adding a plant and see if that helps things.
Jeffxxx
Brownsboro, AL
(Zone 7a)

January 9, 2009
8:07 PM

Post #5985936

ecrane,

Thanks. You were right. I hadn't completed the process by making an entry and now I can see everything.

Thanks again.

Jeff
Jeffxxx
Brownsboro, AL
(Zone 7a)

January 12, 2009
12:59 AM

Post #5994355

One more question.

I'm making good progress on creating my Journal but am I correct that I cannot edit any additional entry I make to an item except for the initial entry made when I create the item?
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 12, 2009
1:10 AM

Post #5994399

You should be able to--when I go into my journal and view a particular plant, underneath each entry I see links that say Edit this entry and delete this entry. I'm not sure why that doesn't show up for you.
Jeffxxx
Brownsboro, AL
(Zone 7a)

January 12, 2009
1:38 AM

Post #5994489

ecrane,

You're right. I just need to put on my glasses for the small type.

Thanks again.

Post a reply to this thread:

Your message:

You may upload up to 5 images. Press CTRL to select more than one image file.

Upload Images to your reply

-

Other DG Journals and Diaries Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
    Online journal - getting started Terry 219 Apr 1, 2008 1:12 PM
    Journal "wish list" requests here, please Terry 175 Sep 25, 2013 4:26 PM
    The Garden Diary is ready for testing dave 159 Aug 18, 2008 7:51 PM
    "Watching" a Garden Diary dave 18 Jul 2, 2013 7:36 AM
    Using both the journal and diary barbur 4 Sep 28, 2013 6:57 PM

We recommend Firefox
    Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America