Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: A Black Garden: SILVER ACCENT PLANTS

Communities > Forums > Article: A Black Garden
bookmark
Forum: Article: A Black GardenReplies: 2, Views: 38
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
josephsmom
Bellevue, KY

May 26, 2008
2:57 AM

Post #5003433

Love your idea for black, one of my faves. I have a Japanese Painted fern that you might want to think about as an accent. The foilage is silvery looking and quite striking without being too overwhelming. Since it's a perennial, you can move on to other additions next year. How far is Culver City from Bellevue (northern Ky) ? Good luck & keep us up to date.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 26, 2008
3:19 AM

Post #5003514

Hi,

I have 2 Japanese Painted ferns...I hadn't even thought about using them but what a great idea. Thank you.

Calvert City is about 20 miles east of Paducah, on the north entrance to Lake Barkley and Ky Lake. Not sure how far from Bellevue, will have to check and see. Be right back...
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 26, 2008
3:27 AM

Post #5003551

Looks as if it is about 300 miles west of you. I thought it might take about 4 hours judging from the time from here to Louisville. It would be fun to meet sometime.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: A Black Garden Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Good Luck podster 1 May 20, 2008 2:43 PM
Can't wait to see the end product!!! Bettypauze 12 May 26, 2008 12:51 PM
My first mistake... Sharran 12 Jan 10, 2009 1:40 AM
Lovely doccat5 1 May 20, 2008 4:15 PM
The glam goth garden! jojoringer 3 May 21, 2008 3:13 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America