-
AuthorContent
scraps
Lena, MS
(Zone 7b)

May 26, 2008
3:26 PM

Post #5004974

I have been hanging around for a couple months. Ran across DG while searching for the name of flower a friend gave me,and I keep coming back to read and learn. I finally joined a week or so ago and I am learning to navigate site a little. Just found welcome mat. I must have come in back door. I appreciate the wisdom of those of you who answer the questions of beginners and those of us who just find ourselves stumped occasionally. I have loved flowers and grown them for years but just hand me downs and a few new ones occasionally. However, I have a new property where we will be building home someday and I am trying to move some things up there to get them started. I will have mostly shade there which is new to me so will be learning alot by reading on the shady garden forum. I have mostly old fashion plants I have moved around for years but will have to have shade plants now, will have only small area of sun for now. Someday maybe hubby will clear me another acre for just sun types. We will be hidden in woods. I came home in september 2000 to find burgular in home and got knocked in head and left on doorstep where neighboors found me. So I will love being hidden back there. Our current house is close to road with circle drive and it is too easy for burgulars. Anyway, I love DG and glad I found you guys. Nobody near me gets excited about finding a new flower blooming. I feel at home here. Sorry for getting long.
sunnyg
San Francisco Bay Ar, CA
(Zone 9b)

May 26, 2008
4:13 PM

Post #5005201

Welcome Scraps! How exciting to start your new shade garden. Iím so sorry about your ordeal in 2000, and I hope your new home and garden bring you much joy and a feeling of comfort and security. You will undoubtedly find plenty of people on here to share your excitement over each new bloom you discover :-).
scraps
Lena, MS
(Zone 7b)

May 26, 2008
8:02 PM

Post #5006240

Thanks sunnyg, I just love going to my place and sitting in the shade and working a little at a time. I dream of a beautiful flower garden for my future grandchildren to play in. DG is a great place to learn and share plants and knowledge. Have a great day.
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

May 27, 2008
11:55 PM

Post #5012064

Hello welocme sorry for the ordeal you had. may you always be safe.
soapwort243
South Milwaukee, WI

May 29, 2008
11:54 PM

Post #5022782

Hi scraps ! Welcome ! I'm glad you will have a new house. Once something like that- (the experience with the buglars) happens- you don't feel safe in your home anymore.
* Sounds exciting- starting a new garden--best of luck!
HERBIE43
Rutland , MA
(Zone 5b)

May 31, 2008
7:38 AM

Post #5029640

another belated welcome from upstate new york
scraps
Lena, MS
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2008
12:07 PM

Post #5029996

Thanks everyone you make me feel right at home. I am loving the site.
Gardnerkett
Pass Christian, MS
(Zone 8b)

June 1, 2008
10:16 PM

Post #5037430

Hi Scraps,
Enjoy and have fun, and good luck with the gardens
Fellow Mississippian

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Welcome Mat Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Introduction pearl 12 Jun 14, 2007 3:08 PM
Louisiana crawdad360 26 May 21, 2009 4:35 PM
Hi Everyone.... From the Chesapeake Bay Area Chesapeake 11 Jun 15, 2008 4:12 PM
Greetings from NE Kansas! azurebloom 11 Sep 29, 2008 1:04 AM
Hello from the Caribbean knotimpaired 14 Sep 3, 2007 7:03 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America