Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: In Flanders Fields the Poppies Grow: Very Moving Ben...Thank You.

Communities > Forums > Article: In Flanders Fields the Poppies Grow
bookmark
Forum: Article: In Flanders Fields the Poppies GrowReplies: 0, Views: 21
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Dann_L
San Tan Valley, AZ
(Zone 9b)

May 26, 2008
5:00 PM

Post #5005434

Ben...I don't know that I can describe the emotions that this article has resurfaced in me. I am extremely moved by this and have tears streaming still as I write this. I have a habit of avoiding topics involving war and blood conflicts because it is a painful reminder of my experience of witnessing the atrocities inflicted upon comrades and friends and those that I willingly hailed upon others. The brave men and women that have fallen, on both sides, should always be remembered and honored for their ultimate sacrifices.

I too shall plant the Red Poppy as a memorial to the fallen as a reminder to the world to learn and benefit from those that have gone before us.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: In Flanders Fields the Poppies Grow Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Interesting history KyWoods 1 May 26, 2008 2:41 PM
Thanks for the reminder doccat5 0 May 26, 2008 9:50 AM
Remembrance vs. Memorial Day judithht 0 May 26, 2008 10:48 AM
Thank You darius 6 May 26, 2008 11:17 PM
In Flanders Fields myrcou 0 May 26, 2008 2:57 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America