Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: In Flanders Fields the Poppies Grow: The Poppy Tells The Story

Communities > Forums > Article: In Flanders Fields the Poppies Grow
bookmark
Forum: Article: In Flanders Fields the Poppies GrowReplies: 1, Views: 24
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
slsrare
Stone Mountain, GA
(Zone 8a)

May 27, 2008
3:50 AM

Post #5008362

What a wonderful article and what an appropriate closing for my Memorial Day. I too remember the red poppies. I think about them often and wonder have we strayed too far from the message of the poppy and the purpose of the day. I see the flag most everywhere but the poppy tells the story. So often we hurry away our traditions and heritage with trying to play catch up in a world that moves too fast. Today was a day for the red poppy which has such a universal message. I was on vacation in Victoria, Canada on their "memorial" day and what a wonderful day, red poppies everywhere. We didn't need to ask what day they were celebrating. We knew. The poppy told the story.

Thanks for taking the time Ben
BennysPlace
Beverly Hills, CA

May 27, 2008
4:00 AM

Post #5008406

Thank you very much. Yes, the poppy does indeed tell the story and it is very much universal. Whether it be Canada, Britain or anywhere else, when you see the red poppy, you know.

Thank you too!

Ben

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: In Flanders Fields the Poppies Grow Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Interesting history KyWoods 1 May 26, 2008 2:41 PM
Thanks for the reminder doccat5 0 May 26, 2008 9:50 AM
Remembrance vs. Memorial Day judithht 0 May 26, 2008 10:48 AM
Thank You darius 6 May 26, 2008 11:17 PM
In Flanders Fields myrcou 0 May 26, 2008 2:57 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America