Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Secure tree climbing: Where's the Adventure if it's "Secure"?

Communities > Forums > Article: Secure tree climbing
bookmark
Forum: Article: Secure tree climbingReplies: 1, Views: 7
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
mamoriah
Maitland, FL

May 28, 2008
4:37 PM

Post #5015469

While your article is full of wonderful information, and may be practical, my whole sense of adventure is insulted by suggesting that I climb a tree 'securely'. LOL! I would much rather dare the scare than securely climb the pine. I relish my memory of climbing some Australian pine trees behind a hangar on the DeLand Airport when my father took me to work with him one summer. I remember swaying in the breeze with the trees and thinking I was almost in heaven! It was the next best thing to flying. I survived to learn how to fly a real airplane, but I wouldn't trade that memory for anything! "Ma"

jjacques

jjacques
LE TAMPON
Reunion (French)

May 28, 2008
5:00 PM

Post #5015555

Hey Ma,
I certainly understand you fully here, I also love to climb barefoot and enjoy the contact of the bark. Now secure climbing is related to this dark side of life called WORK. I mean, if you are to get up some 25m (75feet) high with a chainsaw and have to do it for hours on everyday it is very different from leisure climbing, I am sure you will follow me. As for flying I would definitely prefer flying with my own body than being stuck in a kind of metal box;))

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Secure tree climbing Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
great Dutchlady1 16 Jun 3, 2008 5:51 PM
What an inspiration! gloria125 10 May 26, 2008 12:56 PM
Well done doccat5 1 May 25, 2008 6:36 PM
Natural tree climbing Potagere 5 Dec 14, 2008 5:10 AM
Safe climbing KyWoods 4 May 28, 2008 6:15 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America