Photo by Melody

Article: Secure tree climbing: Where's the Adventure if it's "Secure"?

Communities > Forums > Article: Secure tree climbing
bookmark
Forum: Article: Secure tree climbingReplies: 1, Views: 7
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
mamoriah
Maitland, FL

May 28, 2008
4:37 PM

Post #5015469

While your article is full of wonderful information, and may be practical, my whole sense of adventure is insulted by suggesting that I climb a tree 'securely'. LOL! I would much rather dare the scare than securely climb the pine. I relish my memory of climbing some Australian pine trees behind a hangar on the DeLand Airport when my father took me to work with him one summer. I remember swaying in the breeze with the trees and thinking I was almost in heaven! It was the next best thing to flying. I survived to learn how to fly a real airplane, but I wouldn't trade that memory for anything! "Ma"

jjacques

jjacques
LE TAMPON
Reunion (French)

May 28, 2008
5:00 PM

Post #5015555

Hey Ma,
I certainly understand you fully here, I also love to climb barefoot and enjoy the contact of the bark. Now secure climbing is related to this dark side of life called WORK. I mean, if you are to get up some 25m (75feet) high with a chainsaw and have to do it for hours on everyday it is very different from leisure climbing, I am sure you will follow me. As for flying I would definitely prefer flying with my own body than being stuck in a kind of metal box;))

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Secure tree climbing Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
great Dutchlady1 16 Jun 3, 2008 5:51 PM
What an inspiration! gloria125 10 May 26, 2008 12:56 PM
Well done doccat5 1 May 25, 2008 6:36 PM
Natural tree climbing Potagere 5 Dec 14, 2008 5:10 AM
Safe climbing KyWoods 4 May 28, 2008 6:15 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America