Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

Allamanda seeds

Georgetown, ME

I have planted seven allamanda seeds that I removed from a pod. They are in a mix of manure/potting soil, and are being kept moist. It has been about four weeks, and so far the seeds appear to be swelling slightly, and there is no sign of rot/mold etc. Any idea as to how long it takes on average for the seed to sprout??
They are inside on a south facing window sill.
Any info is most appreciated, thanks,

Tuscaloosa, AL(Zone 7b)

I'm sorry no one has answered you. I just now saw your post. I've never tried growing these from seeds, but I did find some info on Google. It appears to take at least six weeks for the seeds to sprout. Lots of articles on growing it, but this was the only one I could find that mentioned growing it from seed:

I hope this helps.

Good luck,

Blackshear, GA(Zone 8a)

Hi, as Karen said, it takes from six to 8 weeks to sprout. I had nearly 75% of them germinating when I only put the fuzzy hair end in the soil, leaving the round part of the seed sticking out.They are also slow to grow for the first month. They also aren't true from seeds. I tried many ways to sow them since last December. The one I cited is the best so far. The seedlings are about 18'' right now. I hope this helps you. André I have taken some pics, here is one: taken on March 26.

This message was edited Jun 21, 2008 7:41 PM

Thumbnail by Smegtone

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.