-
AuthorContent
Dimmer
( Kim) Zion, IL
(Zone 5a)

June 5, 2008
12:28 PM

Post #5056740

I got a bat flower ( Black) and I am scared its not going to grow. I planted in a container about a month ago and I checked it yesterday Nothing happening I had layed the bulb sideway When I checked it I decided to stand it up in the dirt it has been cold here but I had the container next to the house and had it deep in a 20 gal pot.
Does anyone no if I am doing this right. I am not even sure if this is the right fourm for it
Thanks For reading
Dimmer(AKA) Kim
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

June 5, 2008
2:35 PM

Post #5057357

Kim, since you're a subscriber you might also try the Tropical Plants forum, I'm pretty sure I've seen threads about tacca on there before so I'm sure you'll find someone who's grown one.
Dimmer
( Kim) Zion, IL
(Zone 5a)

June 5, 2008
5:41 PM

Post #5058186

Thanks I'll go over and check it out thanks for infor
Kim
WeeNel
Ayrshire Scotland
United Kingdom

June 8, 2008
2:54 AM

Post #5070238

it is definitely a tropical plant and I would imagine in your zone it is too cold to have it outside, the cold will kill the bulb off, I would imagine, like me, you will have to grow this indoors and perhaps with luck, put it out in the summer time till the days get cool gain, but the tropical forum will advise you better than I can, I had first seen them in Florida outdoors and sent off for them from home, so they do need heat. good luck with your anyway. WeeNel.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Flowers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Beginner Flowers forum! dave 147 Feb 14, 2013 3:15 AM
snapdragon picture gessiegail 39 Jan 1, 2012 1:04 PM
show us beginners your blooms gessiegail 324 Jan 8, 2012 6:20 AM
Favorite annuals from your 2006 garden! Trish 81 Mar 7, 2007 2:02 PM
Heat Mats Ironsides 6 Nov 27, 2007 1:31 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America