Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Antiques and Collectibles: Crane Lamp????

Communities > Forums > Antiques and Collectibles
bookmark
Forum: Antiques and CollectiblesReplies: 3, Views: 65
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

gardenlady123

gardenlady123
Plainwell, MI
(Zone 5b)

June 5, 2008
10:32 PM

Post #5059460

I bought this lamp at our local Salvation Army store awhile ago... The bottom says Crane or Trane its really hard to read it. But I really like the lamp. Its super heavy and the shade is physically attached. The arm rocks up and down but tighten with the nut on top. Just wondering if any one knew anything about it. Thanks Ronna

Thumbnail by gardenlady123
Click the image for an enlarged view.

jazzzy704
Fenton, MI
(Zone 5b)

June 9, 2008
2:31 AM

Post #5074526

Hey Ronna,
I don't know anything about the lamp but i see you have an old staircase there and was wondering how old your house is?? It looks to be the same age as mine perhaps?
I have an "Italianate' Built in about 1866? or so. The reason i said that because your exposed wood looks to be Southern Yellow pine.. Is that so?? That wood was very popular before 1880. Round about 1880 to 1900 lots of mahogany, andwalnut. Then about 1900-1920's lots of oak!
Well do tell. What style of home and what year built??
Julie and old house Lover!!!

gardenlady123

gardenlady123
Plainwell, MI
(Zone 5b)

June 9, 2008
10:53 PM

Post #5078870

Heu Julie... Im think it was built in 1919 or so... We are stripping the wood and really have our work cut out for us. Still have a whole lot to do!! Just not enough time between work and daves garden. LOL. Im not really sure what the wood is but it sure is hard. Wont even scratch when we were scraping on it. Maybe oak?? Very nice wood grains. Im excited to finish it some day. I guess it used to be a carriage house its kinds small. But cozy. Wood floors thru out. It use to have a family closet upstairs I guess. But someone along the way put in a second bathroom. Not much electric out lets upstairs either.. I dont know weve been here almost 14 years. Its home what can I say??? Its not the tajmahal. But we lke it. The stairs rails were really hard to strip. All the nuck and crannies. Hours and hours.. But worht it. Ive started the rest of the staircase but have lost interest for the summer. :) Have to garden!!! Ronna
jazzzy704
Fenton, MI
(Zone 5b)

June 10, 2008
12:39 AM

Post #5079547

You are right it probably is oak. I really can't tell. All of mine is painted. I do not have any nice grain to my Southern Yellow pine. You are surely going to use alot of elbow grease getting the paint off of those stair parts...But OH when you walk in i am sure it looks beautiful! Well we both know the pain and glory!
See You..
Julie

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Antiques and Collectibles Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Sampler 1801 Ginger_H 7 Aug 20, 2012 2:34 PM
mingmimi justmeLisa 6 Oct 20, 2007 11:51 AM
Wintermoor what is this? justmeLisa 7 Oct 1, 2011 7:20 PM
Do you collect Depression Glass? What pattern? bluegrassmom 82 Apr 11, 2011 10:14 PM
What do you consider your best "collectible/antique" find? nminmd 142 May 6, 2012 3:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America