2008 Western Region Roundup in Temecula, CA

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

As usual, I wandered around with my camera all day, but forgot to take pictures!
I did, however, get this one of our Roundup Queen Jo (roadrunner) at the welcome table and a few others.

Thumbnail by KaperC

Here's another, with TwinLakesChef's (Arlene) DH and my DH (white shirt) in the background.

Thumbnail by KaperC

Here are a few photos of Harry Phillips from "Andy's Orchids on a Stick" (Harry and Andy are brothers) giving a talk on orchid mounting and care. It was very informative and a lot of the group were happy to have him there. Thanks again, drdon, for arranging this.

Thumbnail by KaperC

OK, I should have said two photos!

Thumbnail by KaperC
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

This picture is so special. Don and Donna

Thumbnail by weegy12
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Here's our master fryer!

Thumbnail by weegy12
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Cupcakes made by these 2 wonderful ladies. What a talent and they were delicious.

Thumbnail by weegy12
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Rodica, Marie, Arlene and Donna.

Thumbnail by weegy12
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Well, here's a group shot of most of us...sorry to those who got cut off, it was kind of tight where we all lined up.

Thumbnail by weegy12
Crossville, TN

OK...I am adding my pictures...I didn't get to take as many this year...too busy talking!! LOL

If I get names wrong..it's because my wee little refreshment was blown over by the wind and ruined my list of names!!

This is Ann...DW of HaroldS & Greenwytch/Alex

Thumbnail by roadrunner
Crossville, TN

Don and his lovely Mom...I just loved talking to her. Jo

Thumbnail by roadrunner
Crossville, TN

Our own dear George! Jo

Thumbnail by roadrunner
Crossville, TN

George's DW, Sue.,..a real sweetie! Jo

Thumbnail by roadrunner
Crossville, TN

Hellnzn11...Hmmmm I wonder whom she meant that for....LOL Jo

Thumbnail by roadrunner
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Dawn never looked lovelier! If she's like me, she does not like her picture taken.
Great shots Jo!

Crossville, TN

Marieortiz...I remember now...she doesn't like having her picture taken...nice purse!! LOL Jo

Thumbnail by roadrunner
Crossville, TN

Here's Loyd!! Boy! Did he ever make a a wonderful Key Lime Pie!! Jo

Shoot...I forgot the picture....I was busy thinking of that pie.

This message was edited Jun 9, 2008 1:07 PM

Crossville, TN

Loyd...Jo

Thumbnail by roadrunner
Crossville, TN

Group shot....Jo

Thumbnail by roadrunner
Crossville, TN

Group 2....for the ones that wasn't paying attention in the first shot. Jo

Thumbnail by roadrunner
Crossville, TN

Donna/SoCal, Georger and Kaperc/Kathleen ...Jo

Thumbnail by roadrunner
Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Aww, everyone looks great! Missed you!!

Oh, my word, that's me? I think you made a mistake, Jo! Eeeeek! Next time I'm pulling a "Marie."

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Wow! Everyone having a good times!

Oh, Hate the pictures.... Tell you truth about it (just a joke story) More like is Amish hates pictures at all just like to cover their faces....But it's true Amish don't want take any pictures of them at all...

I just missing you all of the gangs! Take care...

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

There weren't enough pictures without you there, Anna....you're the 'picture taker'. We missed you!

Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10a)

I hate that I missed the roundup this year, but thanks for the photos!

Crossville, TN

Kanita...we missed you too...how is the shop doing? Jo

Hey Jo:

I am in the process of moving to a new location. I will be finished this Sunday and am already completely exhausted. Thanks for asking.

Crossville, TN

Good Luck, Kanita...Jo

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

HI Kanita,
Missed you!

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Hey, Kanita...missed you, missed Eric, missed Mike. Are you doing the Del Mar Fair?

I missed you all soo much you have no idea. Especially since it was not a great show. I am on the wait list for Del Mar, I hope I can get in because I have heard great things about it.

On another note, I had to move my shop this past week and entire business to a new location. It is the same size as I had before, but $700 per month less in rent, and also it is in a much nicer location. I am now in Van Nuys across from the Airport, Convention Center and Hotel. I think this will be much better for me. Also, the tatoo shop upstairs from my new shop moved out, and my landlord offered to convert it to an apartment for me so I won't have to travel 26 miles each direction any more since that cargo van costs $210 to fill up. Whats even better is that he is renting it to me for only $650 more a month. The universe has been so good to me this past year. So now, I have to leave for D.C. next week for a show and then come back and move my apartment. I hate moving. But I think I have much less in my apartment than I had acquired at my shop.

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Hi Kanita,

Oh yes, we missed you too. It just wasn't the same without you and Eric.

I am so happy for you in this new venture of yours. It sounds like you have a little angel on your shoulder right now, guiding you into a great future.

We will all keep you in mind for future gatherings. :-)

Have a safe trip to DC.
Donna

Wow, Kanita, that's a good landlord you've found! Glad to hear things are looking up for you. Good luck with the move.

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Excellent,Kanita....all good news. Community garden anywhere nearby?
Take care....Love ya...
Sherry

Thanks everyone. Luckily, I am still only 20 minutes away from the community garden I am currently in. I love it there and don't want to leave.

Redondo Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

Hi All,
Looks like everyone had a wonderful time at the big RU.
Kanita - what a blessing to find a new location for your shop AND a new place to live as well. How did DC go?

I hope I can make the next shindig. Maybe I'll leave the camera behind and just bring my own behind (so to speak).

I hope everyone is enjoying the summer. Seems like it's been rather mild...I base that on the few times I've had to pull out the old fan and bring it into the bathroom while I blow dry my hair. I usually LOVE the heat but when I'm having to fuss with the hair dryer, getting a hot flash AND there's a heat wave, I'm pretty miserable.

My dichondra lawn has finally filled in and we're slap happy. We had planted mondo grass in between the flagstone but, frankly, it wasn't growing fast enough so we sprinkled dichondra seed around those areas and it sure looks even nicer.

I'm going to post a photo of a beetle I've seen way too many times for my liking - I'll post it on the insect forum. Every time I see these beetles, they are copulating. Yep. I don't know if they are harmless or not but I have quite a few plants with chunks and holes in the leaves and I want to see if these beetles are the perpetrators.

Happy fourth of July to everyone!

~Nancy

Happy 4th to you, too! Don't ever leave the camera behind...I tend to bring mine and then forget to take pictures!

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Hi Nancy,

We missed you!! I was so hoping you could make it down this year. If you think the small RU you went to was fun, this one was the icing on the cake.

I do hope you can make it next year as it will be the last one that Don can have at the ranch for awhile. It's going to be a BIG shindig. lol

We will be having another small one in the fall, hope you can make it again then.

I know what your talking about with the fan in the bathroom when your blow drying your hair....it's gets so hot and humid in there, even if the door is open.

Thanks for stopping by,
Donna

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

Hi Nancy,
We missed you! Hope to see you soon.

arlene

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images