Black Hawk, SD

My mums are flowering, am I supposed to also pinch all of of the new buds too? Julie

Piedmont, SC(Zone 7b)

You can pinch back all this month if you want a bushier plant. After July 1st only deadhead the flowers.

Hiawatha, KS(Zone 5b)

I have a question about my Mums. I planted two large ones last fall and they were mulched with leaves all winter, but they haven't come up yet this spring. I removed the much about 3 weeks ago. I thought they would come right up through the leaves next to the lod plant. Did I wait too long to remove the old plant and the leaves or did I lose them to winter kill. I don't know when they strat to come back in the spring.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

What's your last frost date? Maybe mulch was removed too late???? They should be already up.

I use hedge clippers just once the last week in June, cut about 1/2 off and they still bounce back and look great for fall flowering.

Hiawatha, KS(Zone 5b)

Last frost date probably the middle of May. I am in zone b northeast Kansas. I thought they should be up by now too. I also thought they would come up through the leaves new the base of the old plant. I was waiting to see some sign of that before clearing the old away. I never did so about three weeks ago I cleared away the old groth and the leaves and still nothing. Guess I will have to try again. Thanks

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images